Thursday, October 16, 2008

Taste of Home Cooking School

A Taste of Home


I have been a bad blogger lately. I could list the reasons why, but....... does anybody really care? You just care that I'm back (kind of) don't you?

Still...things are crazy at work, so this is just a short recap and pictures of our "Taste of Home" evening.

We had fun. That is the short of it.
We drove to Elko, in the afternoon, and checked into our motel and then went to the convention center and registered for the show. We got a great little "goodie bag" when we registered. It had all kinds of neat treats and coupons and samples in it.

There were vendors and food booths. And food booths and vendors.

The radio station who sponsored it, had the restaurants in town, serve us.... a buffet!!!
There was salmon and pork and pasta and beef and seafood!
All of it was included in the $7.00 fee for the show. We ate Great!!!

For anyone who gets the "Taste of Home" magazine, you would have loved it. Even for those who didn't get the magazine, it was tons of fun.
She made about 10 dishes from the "fall" magazine, and we all followed along as she went. there was a great camera showing her moves and instructions that showed on a big screen behind her.

We had a really fun evening.....
and....again...not much blog here...
but, some photos.....


Those who went...
(I'm in there somewhere---first photo. And don't forget...the camera adds, 10, no 20...NO 30 pounds!!)



The Buffet before the beginning of the show. I couldn't believe that I was the only one with a camera. And I don't mean, just from my group. I saw no one taking pictures, so I felt a little awkward.


Some of us "won" potholders.
(not me)
At the beginning of the show, they had the audience shout 'BRING OUT THE POTHOLDERS'
and boy did they! they had a huge stack or two, which they tossed out into the audience.
Gina, Mitzi and Julie won a potholder!!



The stage as we saw it.... you can see the big screen there. So we saw our teacher/cook and then we saw what she was doing on the screen.



I recommend that everyone should go to a "Taste of Home" show if they can.
It was fun.

4 comments:

Shelby said...

Lucky lucky you! TOH is in my vicinity (by that I mean 3 hours away) but I have nobody to go with :(

Michelle said...

That looks like so much fun. I love Taste of Home magazine. I'm sure you had a great time.

Tina Butler said...

That is one of my favorite magazines besides Paulas home cooking. I would love to go to TOH cooking school, I am not sure if there is one near or not. I would even go by myself LOL. Great pictures looks like you had a awesome time.

sj said...

sounds like a great time! :)

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...