Saturday, August 8, 2015

Friday Friend Recipe #66 --Sassy Meatballs



Friday Friend Recipe #66: Sassy Meatballs

Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.
What is the Friday Friend cookbook: I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county). At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.

AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
 
I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said, "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him! Maybe I will.
 
Which brings me to this... recipe #66

Cherrie Lou Who's
Sassy Meatballs

 

My grandson Eli is a very picky eater.
He is 6.
In a phone call the other day he said:
 
Eli:  Gram, when we come to your house, can we have meatballs again?
Me:  Yes!
Eli:  with sticks?
Me:  of course!
(He meant toothpicks)
 
But the important thing is....these meatballs are Eli approved!
They must be good!
 
For some reason I got a picture of his twin sister Emerson (who is making cameo appearances on the blog every once in a while) eating the meatballs, but not Eli.
He was too busy with water balloon fights that afternoon.
 
These meatballs are KID TESTED!!


I do have a picture of him bringing me some wild Daisies tho.
 
 
and now...on to his favorite meatballs!
Oh...and his Great Aunt, Cherrie Lou Who's too!



Sassy Meatballs
FF Cherrie Lou Who
Auburn,WA

Fill a crockpot  half full of pre-cooked, frozen meatballs.
Add 2 cups of Lit' Bro Scott's secret recipe BBQ Sauce.
Heat and serve.






Cherrie Lou Who!
 
Cherrie is my sister-in-law, the Handyman's youngest sister.
The year I turned 50, I joined her team for the  3day/60mile  Susan G. Koeman walk for breast cancer. (one of the most rewarding things I have ever done)
Here are a couple photos of Cherrie Lou Who from that weekend:
 
Cherrie is on the left, I am on the right.  (Kate is in the  middle, Leah was taking the picture)
I love post offices--- I'm an exciting person like that--- because I like to write letters--snail mail. 
Anyway, they stopped so we could take a picture of a POST OFFICE.
Wooooo!!
 


I shared a tent with Cherrie....and one morning I snapped this of her....5am waking up, looking forward to walking 20 miles!!

 
One of her favorite appetizers, the meatballs, are made with the bbq sauce her brother, Scott makes.
He gives us bbq sauce all the time for gifts.  It is legendary in the family.  And apparently it is one of Eli's favorites too!  He likes it with sticks!
 
Scott won't say how he makes his sauce---so it really is a secret.
(I always find it funny when people won't share their recipes)
Sorry--you cannot make this EXACT recipe.
It's probably good with YOUR favorite bbq sauce.

 
Here is Cherrie Lou Who's little bro Scott.  And her big bro, the Handyman.
(the handyman is not a Sheriff's deputy.... but he is a Seattle Seahawks fan)
 
 





2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

So how do we get some of Scott's barbecue sauce?

Susan Lindquist said...

Ditto on that previous comment! Cough it up Little Bro !

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...