Sunday, July 12, 2009

I am back




Aren't these the most beautiful babies EVER?! I think so.

I'm back from the East Coast.... feeling tired (still feel so guilty saying that, as my kids are still getting up doing feedings during the night, AND the twins find if funny to sleep at different times ), but heck, I'm old. (will be 50 next month, it's so sad!), and feeling happy to have had 2 weeks to see my kids and grand kids and feeling very smart, just by walking thru the Yale Campus.

I did not cook like I should have, so really I have no food posts. The kitchen in the apartment was...not compatible with making meals. Seriously, a college "dorm" (married student housing). so I did not cook like I wanted to, BUT, we bought some darn good meals.

We tried to eat here:


Louis Lunch. The place that invented the Hamburger.

I say tried, because it was closed for 5 days over the 4th of July Holiday and then when we went, the day before I came home, we went an hour too late. (Please take note that the camera adds 10 pounds and there were THREE cameras on me!!) (thank goodness we have that settled)



We did eat here: (me and my friend Sally, who came up from Pennsylvania on the train to spend the day with me and meet the babies. My DIL suggested it for a good coffee shop. It was fun. I loved everything about the parts of New Haven I visited....university campuses )



Where I had this:



and here:


It says Pizza, but they were Greek and there were a lot of Greek things on the menu. My friend Sally, had a spinach and cheese thing in some dough. We asked how to pronounce the name.....but....I have forgotten.




and here:



A dining hall in one of the Yale buildings... an undergrad dining room...
(we didn't eat there, but my daughter in law was taking us on a walking tour of the campus and it all looked so Harry Potterish to me...everything at Yale did )



But the best part of the whole trip was this:


8 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

Welcome back, Grandma. Your babies are beautiful. I'm so glad you had a good visit. We missed you.

Heather S-G said...

Oh, they are just gorgeous :D Looks like you had a wonderful time! Welcome back :D

Lyndas recipe box said...

Welcome back, Debbie! You were so missed, but I'm glad you got to spend some time with those adorable babies!

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Welcome back! The babies are precious - looks like you had a good time and what great pictures!!

Karen said...

E&E are adorable and still so tiny! Glad you're back :)

Anonymous said...

Those babies are GORGEOUS! Congratulations!!!!!

Katy ~ said...

So good to see you again. The babies are beautiful, no question!

Your visit sounded full of fun and love. Perfect!

Donna-FFW said...

They are beyond precious!! So adorable.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...