Monday, March 3, 2014

It's Monday and Good old dry Nevada


It is Monday and I'm reading....what I said I wanted to read in last week's First Chapter, First Paragraph,  Tuesday Intros.

I don't always do that, (read the book immediately) so that's been kind of fun...it was the book in my last post,  At Home in the World by Joyce Maynard.
It is amazing.  If you like memoirs.  And intellectual talk about books.
I do like all  those things, so am finding this read about Maynard's life fascinating. 


It's Monday,  What are you Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.  A fun place to pop into every Monday to see what is on everyone's reading list.
I find my best books from these people who participate!

Speaking of Sheila from Book Journey, she is hosting a 
summer-cation, and I'm joining in!
It's a weekend blog hop  (this coming weekend) and I'm not really sure how it works, BUT I will be posting my summerloving summerdreaming, summerwishing blog post. And I'll have a give away.   And I'll be visiting all the other blogs who are having a SUMMER-CATION.  

I don't have snow like in the mid-west and back east, but we did drive home thru this yesterday:


There is no sunshine, this is no warm, summer scene.
This is much needed rain in California!
So, good for them, BUT scary to drive thru.
I was glad to see  good ol' dry Nevada.  (we don't have weather issues when it comes to driving--usually.)

So I will participate in the Summer-Cation this weekend.
I can't wait!
See you then.








1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I love a good memoir so I'll have to look for that book! I am so over winter already!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...