Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Cows--Outdoor Wednesday


A couple of weeks ago,  while driving up north, we came across a cattle drive.
Yes, there are still Cattle Drives or Round Up's going on in Ranch's across the United States today!
In Nevada,(and other Western States) there is open range, where cattle roam freely regardless of land ownership (that's why you have to have a 'brand').
I know I could be opening up a fierce controversy here  (branding, free range, etc)  and that's not what I meant to do---only to show some photos of a cattle drive we came upon!


maybe I should watch this movie?




Woo Hoo!
I mean  YAHOO! 
YEE HAW!









It looks like these guys are on their way to Upper Cow Creek!

I am linking up to Outdoor Wednesday.
Stop by and check out  other great outdoor photos.


***later, I am going to write more about cattle in the west.
Why?
I'm just weird, I guess.

Even tho I am a city girl  --- granted, it's a small rural city/town -- it's not the country--  but country/cowboy life intrigues me.





1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

Yeah, there's something about the ruggedness of a cowboy. . .

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...