Friday, July 14, 2017

Friday Friend Recipe #146 & 147 -- Cream Puff Appetizers




This is recipe #147 out of #294!
I'm halfway there!!
Woo Hoo!!



Come with me as I continue to countdown my Friday Friend Cookbook!

What is it, you may ask?

In a nutshell...
About 17 years ago, 50 of my closest friends and family, who had been on an e-mail forum with me, sent in recipes in different categories and we compiled a cookbook.
I decided to count those down!
Why?

Because  one night I was looking thru the cookbook and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog"
The Handyman--who thinks he knows me better than I know myself, said,  "you'll never EVER do that."
Well,  maybe I will!  Maybe I'll show him!

Which brings me to recipes #146 and #147
 My mom, Bev, and Barb's  cream puff appetizers!

onion                       nacho cheese                    shrimp                salmon

For this competition---Barb was clearly the overall winner!
Not that my mother's were bad---it's just that my taste buds preferred the taste of Barb's cream puff fillings.
To be fair tho, I only chose 2 flavors from each of those they submitted.  I didn't do the pudding filling that my mom turned in--obviously the winner in any situation--nor did I do my mom's shrimp filling, because Barb had one also. So maybe this wasn't a competition at all?


It was kind of fun to do a taste test.  I made them and took them to one of my favorite, beautiful Daughter-in-law's house, for her birthday dinner. 



I should have gotten a photo of us eating the cream puffs--but I did make them taste them all--and then we voted.  Again, the onion filling and the shrimp filling won the taste test.




Half way!


I'm on the downhill side now!




HALF WAY THRU THE COOKBOOK!!!


WOO HOO!



I spent yesterday afternoon,  counting how many recipes from each person I have left to post and Barb has about 50 left and my mom about 30, so I figure I can take a story break for this post.
But really......these photos?  I have no words at all anyway.
No. Words.  At. All.
(but I do have the outfits my parents have on.)

I give you...my mom and dad and Barb and Doug-- Proud Americans.









Yeseriee  I inherited those wonderful USA outfits of my parents.
Someday I might break them out and put them on.
Someday I might not.

Recipes #146 and #147 completed
147 left to go!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your DIL is gorgeous. How neat! When I think of cream puffs, I think of sweet desserts, not savory. That is a great twist on a cream puff.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...