Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Friday Friend Recipe #203 - Oreo Cheesecake




Come with me as I continue to countdown my Friday Friend Cookbook!



What is it, you may ask?



In a nutshell...
About 19 years ago, 50 of my closest friends and family, who had been on an e-mail forum with me, sent in recipes in different categories and we compiled a cookbook.
I decided to count those down!
Why?



Because  one night I was looking thru the cookbook and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog"
The Handyman--who thinks he knows me better than I know myself, said,  "you'll never EVER do that."
Well,  maybe I will!  Maybe I'll show him!

Which brings me to recipe #203


Theda's Oreo Cheesecake






Mouthwatering! 
Delicious, creamy, smooth, divine!
I have no more words.
It's really, really good!







Theda, my oldest friend in the whole wide world-- not in age, but in longevity--I just like to call her my oldest friend (It makes me smile)--went on a road trip a few weeks ago.
One stop was Pullman, Washington, home of Washington State University, which has a bookman sculpture on it's grounds. John (Theda's husband) said "oh we HAVE TO send a photo to Debbie".
He knows I love books.


Then fast forward to a trip they are on now....(she sent these pictures yesterday)
They found a really cool post office in Port Townsend, Washington.  So, they sent me a photo of Theda on the steps. She sent many photos of it--it's quite impressive and on the National Historic Registry.  It was once a customs office.
They know I love snail-mail, letters, and post offices. 


I bet those postcards in her hand are for me!



We have known each other since Junior High and BFF's since high school.  And even tho we don't get to see each other often, she lives in Oregon, me in Nevada--We keep in touch, see each other whenever we can and we have been known to meet up in the strangest places.
A couple of weeks ago we were both traveling with some of our grandchildren.
GRANDCHILDREN!!
How in the world did this happen?
Anyway, it dawned on us that we would be passing thru the same town on the same day





--so we met up for a quick moment in time--and tried to take a selfie with the grandchildren we had. 
We told them the story of how we met and  how we became best friends--not sure they were that impressed. 


And then one of just us.



My grandchildren were also not impressed when I told them that if it wasn't for Theda--Granddad and I might not be married.
Theda and I were going to a drive in movie and the Handyman invited himself.  When I told Theda that he was going also, she said "if he goes I'm not going".
He did, she didn't. 
The rest is history.

(I swear she grew to like him and really still does.)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.



This is recipe #203 only 164 left to go!

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

Old friends are the best friends! I have that recipe (or one very similar to it) in my cookbook.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...