Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Friday Friend Recipes #244 and 245 - Company Taters and Quiche Stuffed Mushrooms



Come with me as I continue to countdown my Friday Friend Cookbook!


What is it, you may ask?


In a nutshell....


About 20 years ago, 50 of my closest friends and family, who had been on an


  e-mail forum with me, sent in recipes in different categories and we compiled a cookbook.


I decided to count those down!


Why?


Because one night I was looking thru the cookbook and I said, "I should make every recipe in  here for my blog."


The Handyman, who thinks he knows me better than I know myself, said "you'll never EVER do that."


Well, maybe I will!  Maybe I'll show him!


Which brings us to Recipes #244 and 245, Barb's Company Taters and Quiche Stuffed Mushrooms!





The potato's are good, but you can't really go wrong with a potato.
Notice how the editor of the original Friday Friend cookbook gives herself privilege?
(she shared a ton of recipes!)


I always thought I made a pretty good stuffed mushroom, but these are extra good.
That's cheese there in the bottom of the pan---good, creamy cheese.  Spilling out of these great, tasty mushrooms.





Privilege AND the Best of the Best?
She gave herself a lot of pages!
That's okay tho, as she originally typed up the whole thing.
Great mushrooms!

My tracking system for the countdown.  the #3 means there are 3 recipes on this page and the star (and later the highlighter) means I've made them all on that page. (I have a lot of pages without stars and highlights)










This is Barb's 54th or 55th appearance in the countdown.

If you want to know exactly what number it is,  you can find all of Barb's previous recipes here.  (click it)

Happy New Year! 
My first cookbook countdown recipe of 2020.  
I begin with a recipe or two from Barb, the editor and typist of the original Friday Friend Cookbook (the one in the blue notebook.)


Now....I am trying to figure out if this is an optical illusion or not as I really didn't think Barb was this short.
Barb is on the right hand side with her son-in-law, Garrett.  On the left, we have Barb's sister Carol and Garrett.


Is it an optical illusion?
Do pictures tell a thousand words?
What is this one saying?
Short?  Tall? 
Why do I have to stand with my mother-in-law and then with her sister to prove how short they are?

That's only 24 words.
But you get the picture.
(again---the puns... LOL )

Photos can be distorted and edited to be made to look a certain way, but....



Let me see...  I think if Kim were not bending a bit to hug her mother and Barb's hair wasn't poofy at all, Kim is about a head taller than Barb.



And if Garrett is a head and neck taller than Kim... then
...It's NOT an optical illusion!

Barb's son-in-law, Garrett is just really, really tall!





My friends I bring to you recipes #244 and #245

Only 122 left to go!





No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...