Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Friday Friend recipes #276 and #277 --Seafood Pasta Salad and Zucchini Cake





Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.

What is the Friday Friend cookbook? I once had about 50 of my closest friends and family (from all over the county) on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends . At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 21 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday. (plus so much more....)

AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.


I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who thinks he knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said,  "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him!  Maybe I will.


Which brings me to this... recipes #276 and 277

Tracy's Seafood Pasta Salad and Zucchini Cake




This sound so good to me--I want it right now!
I love a good pasta salad--maybe more than a potato salad and that's saying a lot, as I really love a potato salad.
But this is just so good.
Pasta salads just seem summery to me.
As does zucchini anything. Because that's when zucchini is in season.





Garrison Keillor, of a Prairie Home Companion, had an essay about zucchini and how in late summer, you'd wake up to 2 or 3 zucchini on your front porch and if you left your car unlocked and/or windows down to run into the store, you'd come back and find a couple zucchini on your front seat.
It was a Midwest story, of a time gone by, I feel, because people don't have home gardens as much anymore and we don't 'reach out' to our neighbors as much anymore either.
Unless---unless you are in the Post Office in  Winnemucca, Nevada on a hot, sunny, August afternoon and some random gentleman in line before you starts asking everyone if we want zucchini!  He had a bunch in his car and needed to get rid of them.
It was like 1965 all over again!

If someone offers you a zucchini take it!
And make this great zucchini cake.










I have a few more recipes of Tracy's to add, but my stories and mostly my photos of Traci are slim.
I worked with Tracy over 20 years ago when we taught pre-school, and I didn't have a cell phone to snap, snap, snap at a moments notice, so I have ended up stealing a few photos from Facebook when I needed them, BUT today I went to look and they have taken her Facebook page down.  Tracy passed away a few  years ago, so it's only natural, but still it was kind of sad to me to not be able to find it today.
So I'm using a photo that I used previously.



And my story is that she made a mean pasta salad and zucchini cake!







And these my friends are

recipes #276 and 277

Only 90 left to go!

I can do it!

WOO HOO!  I am below 100 recipes now.  Yay!  Yahoo! Whoopie!

Altho.... do you remember when I counted wrong before?  I think I did it again.
I keep counting what I have left by recipe AND by person and it does not add up to 90- it's more like 77. 
Which would make me very happy, but for now....I'll stick to the 90 until it gets closer to the end and I'll recount what I have left.  

1 comment:

Care said...

Hey there! It's Friday and you're my Friend and I hear it is/was your birthday! HAPPY HAPPY.

I will make this zuc cake. A member of my book club foisted a big zuc on me and a bag of green beans! so you are ever-so-timely. And may your friend Tracy rest in peace.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...