Monday, June 5, 2023

Friday friend recipe number 336 and 337, MEGAN’s chicken, saltimbocca and baked zucchini

 




I must get this done!  At least to prove something to myself if not the Handyman...
 because...

...about 22 years ago, 50 of my closest friends and family, who had been on an
  e-mail forum with me, sent in recipes in different categories and we compiled a cookbook.
I decided to count those down!
Why?
because one night I was looking thru the cookbook and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman/Mayor, who thinks he knows me better than I know myself, said "you'll never EVER do that."
Well, maybe I will!  Maybe I'll show him!

Which brings us to one of my favorite sisters-in-law, Meghan Stone's Baked Zucchini and Chicken Saltimbocca 




These were both really great.  My photos are not.



So in other words, don't be swayed by my photos of the saltimbocca--just make it and taste it. It will jump in your mouth!


When I was little, I didn't think I liked zucchini.
I was wrong.













And again-- since I am getting closer to the end, these are the last recipes of Meghan's that I'll be posting.
We're saying goodbye.

(the Handyman just walked by, and I said (with tears in my eyes) --we're saying goodbye to Meghan now and he said WHY? I said--it's her last recipes in the FF Cookbook.)

Here is the Handyman's youngest brother Mike and his beautiful wife Meghan.



The story?  Ohhh, the story!
As you know I've saved a few answers from the Friday Friend Forum of years ago. (some I probably shouldn't share - yikes)
But here I go, giving Meghan's answers to life's pertinent questions.

Once I asked about Homecoming--
She said: I always liked school dances. Prom.  Homecoming, winter formal.  The Best Homecoming year was when I was a Pom-Pom girl and there was a flurry of activities and rallies leading up to the big game and dance.  I am sure the worst wqas probably my Freshman year--the Jr/Sr Prom.  I liked a Junior. He was taking someone else to the dance.  He did not know I liked him.  Found a friend to let him know and we started dating after that and he was my boyfriend all through high school. 

Me:  Well, it's a good thing it didn't last past high school--otherwise you'd be with someone else's family!!

And then once I asked about Voodoo.  I asked if you could use a Voodoo doll to hurt someone, who would it be?
She said: Voodoo...in reality, no, but in fantasy land, where this question was written...ANYONE who crosses the path of my kids or husband--POKE POKE!!

ME:  But my favorite answers of hers, were her little quips when I asked a food question.  She ran a catering business for quite a few years, and she is great cook, so they always struck me as funny.

I once asked about the famous, legendary, one and only, first and foremost Diner Foods--the open-faced hot roast beef sandwich. 
She said:  Not a fan...even au jus.  I need a toasty roll, quick dip and shovel it all in.   I prefer bread stuffing on the bottom of the roast beef and gravy pile, that I could dig.

Christmas eve dinner, once upon a time.
Meghan:   I am making spinach salad, and supposedly in charge of the roast (!!??)   My mom is having cracked crab and cold shrimp--with minestrone and spinach salad.  I am doing the salad and the minestrone....and maybe the shrimp.  So, my mom is doing crab. 

Should I just throw this hunk of meat in the crock pot and call it good?

And on eating alone:
The only time I eat alone is when the kids are at school...a lot of times I don't eat till lunch and then may dine out or grab something (UNHEALTHY) to go.
I'll have the leftovers from the night before for breakfast. 
*******************

I know that wasn't really a Meghan 'story', just great memories for me.
The way I met her was thru emails.  We became fast friends over the internet. LOL   And then she became family and then we met in person!

These are some of my favorite people/family members ever. They are adorable.  Just look at them!



So, friends, My friends!  These are recipes, #336 and #337
out of 361 (I'm 99% sure I have all the math down pat now)
2023 will be the year!!
(Although I'm slow going)

Then what will I do?

You can check out all of Meghan's recipes here.  Just click it.


No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...