An Interesting thing happened in Winnemucca one day in late November (or maybe it was early December). Karen from Karen Cooks, drove right by my office, The Chamber of Commerce/Visitors Center, on her way to Montana. Of course she didn't' stop, and even if she had, the subject of food blogging probably would have never come up. (The question that pops up 90% of the time is: Do you have a restroom?)
You are probably wondering why I'm telling you this. Maybe because it's like of those scenes in a movie where you know the two should really be together, they just miss each other by seconds? Maybe.
Well, never fear, somehow we found our way to each other.....Karen and I have teamed up. (Yes, I lean towards the melodramatic, but it sounded real good, didn't it?)
We are hosting a "Carrot Cake Showdown" together, and I for one am very excited. As Karen said on her blog, one day over virtual coffee, we talked about hosting a Carrot Cake Showdown and ...... here we are.
This is new to me, (hosting) but Karen is a pro and she has the greatest cookbook to give away, her favorite cookbook of all time: Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day. The only downfall to me co-hosting this showdown is that I can't win the cookbook.
Wont' you join us for carrot cake and coffee?
Do you have a favorite carrot cake recipe? Do you want to win this book? Here’s how!
1. Make your favorite recipe for Carrot Cake and post it on your blog along with a picture.
2. Link to this page in your post
3. Grab the bright orange “Carrot Cake Showdown” button you see here (made for our showdown by Karen ) and put it on your blog
4. Email the recipe along with a picture (200x200) of your cake, your name, the name of your blog and the link to your post to dlstone AT winnemucca DOT net
5. On your email, please put CARROT CAKE SHOWDOWN in the subject line
6. Deadline is February 13, 2009 at 4:00 PM ET
7. Winner will be selected randomly and notified on February 14.
8. Winner will receive a copy of Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day
9. Sorry, but the contest is open only to U.S. residents
10. Have fun and happy baking! Be sure to check out the Carrot Cake Roundup here!
Speaking of the Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown... (I just posted previously today and it had been a very long time since my last one.)...
On Friday, I received my "Cook's Country" magazine in the mail and was very excited to see this recipe for 'fried ...
What's outside my Kitchen window this week? This is. (for my garden/yard info check out this website ) I don't know if the...
Grab your coffee cup, or your coke or whatever your poison is, and settle down for a long read. I should probably post about the cheesec...