Thursday, May 10, 2012

No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies




I have this cookbook called  Extraordinary Meals from ordinary ingredients.  It is published by Reader's
Digest.  I have made one other thing from this cookbook:  root beer glazed ribs.  They were really good, but when I look back at the post, MAN I meander.  (sigh) Anyway if you want to check that out you can right here.   
It just dawned on me that every recipe  in this cookbook (I've been bookmarking some to make soon) has a secret ingredient.    For the ribs, it was root beer, for these little cookies, it's cornflakes.

We loved these little cookies, but the trouble is, now I have a box of cornflakes in my pantry, and they are not my (nor the Handyman's ) favorite cereal.
I guess I'll have to make lots of  old fashioned, church potluck, picnic type of casseroles that use crushed cornflakes on top.  You remember those, don't you? 

You might even remember these little goodies.  They might not look like much--the Handyman was not impressed by their looks, but once he tasted them he loved them.
His endorsement?  "These taste a lot better than they look!"    His 'sweet talk' is astounding. 




No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
an amazing simple four-ingredient recipe that is both gooey and crunchy!

1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
2 cups peanut butter
4 cups cornflakes

Place the sugar and corn syrup in a deep saucepan.  Bring to a boil, then continue boiling for 1  minute, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat.
Add the peanut butter and stir until melted. Stir in the cereal.
Drop by spoonful onto waxed paper.  Let set.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I make something similar with cocoa and oatmeal that we love - I bet these are delicious. Is your kitchen done?

Kathy Walker said...

We aren't fans of corn flakes, either. I have made no-bake cookies with cocoa and oatmeal. I believe the first time I made them was in home economics...8th grade!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...