Monday, February 17, 2020

Friday Friend Recipe #250 --Spaghetti Sauce #14


My Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown #250
(#willreallyfinishthissomeday)

April's Spaghetti Sauce--Spaghetti Sauce #14

and you know all the whys and wherefores of this countdown, right? Homemade cookbook, friends contributed, Handyman said I couldn't/wouldn't do it, I'll show him, yadda yadda yadda....

...and the rest is cookbook history!

Just remember, the countdown is not all about pretty food and food design---it's about the people and the stories.
And (the most important thing)  proving my husband wrong--and that I can and WILL make every recipe in this cookbook



It's a good fast sauce.
I have run out of words to describe spaghetti sauces. 
I have learned that fast sauces can be very good indeed!
This is one of those--try it--you'll like it.

By the way--I'm not sure if April always uses penne pasta or not, but I used spaghetti noodles because that's the section it's in.





Now on to my creative friend April.
Yes, creative.  Very.

 When you are a very creative person--as April is  
(she's a Hooker AND a doormat girl!), it's very hard to have a friend like me.
We (she, Shelly and I) took a flower arranging class together.


I cut my finger first thing.




They bandaged me up and gave me wine.  
April ended up with a beautiful arrangment.



I tried hooking once but the ladies thought I knew how to put the yarn on the needles?  HA!
Wait--What?
Hookers?  Hooking?  What the heck do you think April does?
It's needle craft and hand work--such as crochet (get it?  Hookers?) knitting, quilting, etc etc--all those crafts and skills I don't know--those hookers do!
Just cuz we live in Nevada and April's a hooker, you thought what?
Geez.
She's also a Doormat girl.  I cannot defend her here, because I'm not sure what a Doormat girl is or does.
But I know she's not gonna let anyone walk all over her!

(She's thinking about it)

April is so creative that she volunteered to make sacrifical  Wizard of Oz idols to throw on the bonfire for Shelly's husband's 60th birthday party.
Shelly's husband Lorin detests the Wizard of Oz and thru the years it has become a standing joke, so it just seemed appropriate to sacrifice something other than a couch (yes a couch. long story for another time) to the bonfire at their semi-annual Dance party.
We would sacrifice in honor of Lorin turning 60!

It was a great party--both birthday and dance (every other year they have a dance party the 1st weekend in November and this year it just coincided with Lorin turning 60.)   We had a blast, as usual.
There was a little couch burning






and a few shots drunk
(we are old people--we have 2 shots now and we're done. BUT we have so much fun thinking we can party like we used to!)


It was his 60th birthday after all---his shot can be slightly bigger.



But back to my creative friend April.
Look at these cute, cute idols to be sacrificed!
She did great--she made Dorothy and the Tin Man and the Scarecrow and the Cowardly Lion (he looks a bit like a bear, but you get it)
(also--the profanity!!  But 60 tho, remember?)


The weekend before the party I went over to help her make these idols.
She ended up kicking me out.
She wanted me to staple that tin foil pan together to make the Tin Man's body.
I couldn't do it.  I mean I tried.  Really I did. But it wasn't turning out well.


So, she  graciously gave me a glass of wine and we talked instead. Oh, I watched as she demolished a stuffed bear and tried to make a Lion out of it.  I even held the glue gun once or twice for her, but she kindly waited until I went home and then WA-Lah!
Did her magic and they came out cute as ever!

Ruby Red slippers and everything!


And then---the sacrifice began!





All of April's great creative work up in flames!



It wouldn't have been so sad if it were my ugly handy work (she should have let me stay and help), but hers going up in flames?  It was a shame.

We LOVE that she gives us homemade craft gifts!
She can do it anytime.

That's my story--and I'm sticking to it.

And I bring to you

recipe #250

Only 117 left to go!

Woo Hoo!








No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...