Monday, January 17, 2022

Friday Friend Recipe #290 - Mitzi's Meat Sauce

 



Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.

What is the Friday Friend cookbook? I once had about 50 of my closest friends and family (from all over the county) on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends . At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 21 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday. (plus so much more....)

AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.


I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who thinks he knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said,  "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him!  Maybe I will.


Which brings me to this... recipe #290

Mitzi's Meat Sauce
Spaghetti Sauce #19 in the countdown



Okay--I TOLD you that I wasn't done with Friday Friend Spaghetti Sauces!
(there are still more to come)
But I made this one last summer and it turned out very good...as you can tell by these guys chowing down on it.


They loved Mitzi's Spaghetti and they love Mitzi.
Mitzi is just that kind of person--the kind you love.
Like everyone's kid sister.
This is the highest compliment--she is fun and funny and nice and generous and kind.
And a great cook!



Kid sister?
This is going to sound funny, BUT she's like the only one who is comfortable with everyone's husband
(I mean the Friday Friends of course--not YOUR husband--if you are reading this right now. LOL)
enough to kiss them, sit on their laps, hug them, at any moment.
Of course, she does this to all of us girlfriends too, there are no favorites. 
If you are her friend, you are all in! 
Friends forever!
No personal space.


These three below, (Shelly's husband Lorin, The Handyman and April's husband Doug) are the spaghetti eating fools--who actually would do anything for our friend Mitzi. 
(and okay for her husband Larry too 😉)
(there may or may not have been alcohol involved once in a while)









The thing is--that we can't hug and kiss and have Mitzi sit on our laps anymore. 
She and her husband moved to Minnesota 7 years ago!
And as I'm going thru recipes and pictures and stories, it dawned on me that this is Mitzi's last recipe in the countdown.
It saddens me.
As much as I want to get this countdown over with, I feel as if I'm losing a friend* with this being her last appearance with a recipe.
I have more pictures and more stories of her--I'm not ready to say goodbye! 
I guess I didn't think this this cookbook countdown would ever come to an end. And I didn't think I would start to get sad.
Well, wait!  I do have 70 some more recipes to make. (sigh)
We need more hugs and kisses!

*the reality is that she might make a reappearance in one of my recipes/stories.
*and we can still get hugs and kisses, when we meet up for vacations--perhaps more about those meet-up/vacations in my recipes/stories. 
Just saying.

Over the years we've been lucky enough to have good friends to share life's celebrations with, both large and small, take a road trip or two, or just enjoy each other's company because we want to.
And all of our husbands have enjoyed it!
(*disclaimer--you know I jest!  I have many more photos of Mitzi kissing all her friends than I do her friends husbands. These are just funnier)














And this my friends is

recipe #290

Only 77 left to go!

I can do it!

WOO HOO!  I am below 100 recipes now.  Yay!  Yahoo! Whoopie!

Altho.... do you remember when I counted wrong before?  I think I did it again.
I keep counting what I have left by recipe AND by person and it does not add up to 80- it's more like 67. 
Which would make me very happy, but for now....I'll stick to the 80 until it gets closer to the end and I'll recount what I have left.


No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...