Saturday, January 14, 2023

Friday friend recipe #325–Tomi’s spaghetti

 


I must get this done!  At least to prove something to myself if not the Handyman...
 because...

...about 22 years ago, 50 of my closest friends and family, who had been on an
  e-mail forum with me, sent in recipes in different categories and we compiled a cookbook.
I decided to count those down!
Why?
because one night I was looking thru the cookbook and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman/Mayor, who thinks he knows me better than I know myself, said "you'll never EVER do that."
Well, maybe I will!  Maybe I'll show him!

Which brings us to Tomi's 'Easy Easy Spaghetti Sauce'


Tomi does not drink, but I do, and spaghetti sauce just seems to beg for red wine, doesn't it?
Too bad I don't drink red wine. 

I don't know what else to say about pasta and meat sauce. It's good.  You can't go bad, putting the two together. 
It's like the corn song ---
--for me, I really like pasta. It's pasta!  It has the chew--have you ever seen anything more beautiful?
It's pasta--I mean look at this thing--long thin noodles with sauce.
It's got the sauce!
You get the drift, right?  Now I hope the corn song is not stuck in your head.
But pasta---it's the most beautiful thing.




And Tomi-- well, this is her last post in the cookbook countdown.
This is her 6th recipe.  You can check out all her stories and recipes right here. Just click.
LAST POST THO---LAST POST!
I'm saying goodbye to my friends!
Yeah, go ahead and roll your eyes, the Handyman did.

So on to a story. 
Tomi and her husband Stuart where game playing friends--board games, cards, etc.
We were all young, we were all poor, we all had small children, whom we just put to bed in at each other's houses.  We couldn't afford babysitting and believe it or not, (when you see the photos) we weren't drinking.   Well, Tomi wasn't drinking--the rest of us? Who knows. This is too far back to remember.
It was circa 1984.
We had a murder mystery party.  Do you remember when they were all the rage in the 80's?
There were 8 suspects, so Tomi invited 4 couples.  The sad part is that I can't remember who the 4th couple was/is. 
The other two, still friends to this day.

Murder was afoot at the class reunion!
The suspects were:

The preppy and the nerd
(Stuart and Tomi)



The 'pregnant' cheerleader and the hood
(Dink and Cash)
(he really was a naughty bad-boy)
Hood later married pregnant cheerleader and they had another child and lived happily ever after. 



The teacher and the floozy
(Rich/Handyman and me/debbie)


The girls
and I feel so bad at not remembering the girl on the right.
Man!  This really happens at reunions, right?
(I was most likely that girl, so I only went to one reunion)


That 'hood' that 'rebel without a cause' thought he was so cool!  
Too cool to show his face. 
Tomi the perky/preppy school spirit girl, looks the part. 




And look, the hood/bad boy is drinking!  I think that is a beer in his hand anyway. 



Fast forward 20 years and here are Tomi and Dink again.



Fast forward another 20 years (OMG!! how did that happen? 40 years in a flash.) None of us live in the same town anymore. We are apart by miles, but distance is just distance, it's not separation, because in our minds we've never really left each other.
Hmmm.... that sounds a lot like dementia.  Well, 40 years, who knows!?
But good friends are good friends are good friends!
I'm glad to have them.

And that, my friends is recipe #325.

Happy Eating!







No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...