Friday, December 8, 2023

Friday Friend Recipes #345, 346, 347, Barb's Chicken Penne, Cheese Chicken Enchiladas and Easy Oven Lasagna.



I must get this done!  At least to prove something to myself if not the Handyman...
 because...

...about 23 years ago, 50 of my closest friends and family, who had been on an
  e-mail forum with me, sent in recipes in different categories and we compiled a cookbook.
I decided to count those down!
Why?
because one night I was looking thru the cookbook and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman/Mayor, who thinks he knows me better than I know myself, said "you'll never EVER do that."
Well, maybe I will!  Maybe I'll show him!

Which brings us to recipes #345, 346 and 347 
 Barb's Chicken Penne di Genoa
Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
and
Easy Oven Lasagna




(and please remember--I'm NOT a food photographer.  And it's not about the photos but about the friends.)

Pasta is my friend.  My heart's friend anyway--- not my thighs friend OR not my literal heart's friend---but my emotional heart's friend. 
Pasta is my emotional support food!!
Yeah, that's it.



Moving on to some cheesy chicken enchiladas. 
So... as you know, the Handyman had a heart attack in March, and he's been eating a pretty good diet since then.  Mostly chicken, beef once a week, more salads, getting more exercise, etc.
But he sees the word chicken in this recipe and thinks it's fair game! 
It's not Handyman--it's not.

So,
 thanks Barb--- his bad eating habits for the evening are on your shoulders. 












It's really hard when you are not a food photographer--to take food photos in the evening on a cold winter's night. 
Really hard.

But you know what wasn't hard? Eating this lasagna.  It was yummy and went down really easy. 






There are 62 posts with Barb's recipes (you can click here to check them out) but since there are 2 and sometimes 3 (like today) recipes on each post, there is not telling how many recipes you are going to end up with. 

So, imagine trying to come up with 62 or more stories about Barb!

It's impossible!

So, I was looking thru some old FF Forum correspondence and saw this, from Barb's family.   I had asked what everyone was doing for Christmas.  

Christmas 2004

From Mike Erovick, Barb's son: 
This year I shall spend Christmas alone. Thanks for depressing me. 

From Kim Brown, Barb's daughter (who was working at Disney World in Orlando at the time): 
I'll be working 12-8.   And constantly asking, "would you like a pretzel/turkey leg to go with your holiday beer?"   Merry Christmas Everyone!

And from Barb herself, who was working at Walgreens at the time:
I will be working 9 til 5.
Joy to the World.

DO NOT feel too bad for any of them.  They all worked on purpose and then got together for "after Christmas."
Mike would give me a bad time no matter what I had asked. 
Kim LOVED working at Disney World--a dream come true for her.
And Barb?  Barb began working at Walgreens part-time for something to do after she retired.  AND since she and Doug (who must have been golfing and didn't answer me) didn't have any kids at home, VOLUNTEERED to work Christmas Eve and Christmas day, so someone else could stay home with their children.  
*********************


You know... after 62 posts of Barb--and not having seen Barb in person for a few years now--- I don't have many photos that are new or unseen on this blog.  So sometimes I stalk her Facebook page to steal a photo or two.
I've had good luck in the past doing this. 
But now...all I can find are pics like this:





😍😍😍
It's a good thing!  Fun to see her enjoying her cute as can be granddaughter!




So, friends, My friends!  These are recipes #345, 346 and 347 out of 361. 

Look how close I am!
2023 will be the year!!
Will it really tho?
(I'm slow going) (soooo  slow)
But maybe, I am feeling the challenge!

No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...