At the first of the month MM from Ms. enPlace gave me a Beautiful Blogger Award. She probably thinks I've forgotten about it, but I haven't--it's just that I'm boring. I like to cook, read and garden. Now, we all KNOW that isn't boring, or we ALL wouldn't be doing those things. But when you put it on paper, it sounds "hum-drum".
OH... I just thought of something, but I've already wrote my list....oh well, I collect skeleton keys and clocks. Both my mother and my mother-in-law have grandfather clocks and I want them someday. (you know when that day would be...I don't want to say it outloud) The Handyman just shakes his head and asks why I need two grandfather clocks. Um....because I like them? And there is just something so...so....so intriguing about "time" and how fast it goes and "where does time go" and all that. I have 11 clocks in my living room. They are all unique.
Now, on to my list!
Ten "other" things about myself.
1. I am addicted to chapstick
2. I have saved every letter ever sent to me. (just in case a piece of history is in there) I tie them in ribbons--because I am melodramatic and a romantic--just like they do in old movies, and keep them in a box in chronological order and alphabetical order by sender. (can you say nerd?)
3. I like sunlight on water---I think it's the most beautiful sight there is.
4. I love music and can spout off lines from any song you can name, but I cannot carry a tune, so will not sing in public. My poor grandchildren tho.... (sigh) I sing to them.
5. My mom's snickerdoodle cookies are my favorite EVER (and I cannot reproduce them here, because of the altitude)
6. I cannot think of any food I dislike ---seriously. Nothing. I had tofu once and it wasn't my favorite, but I would try it again.
7. I love dogs! If they are other people's dogs.
8. I have a friend whom I've been having coffee with every Tuesday morning at 6:00 in our jammies for the past 7 years.
9. I belong to 4 book clubs.
10. I am not a jewelry person. I once said to my husband, "you're lucky I'm not a jewelry person" and he replied, "no, YOU are the lucky one" (meaning he wasn't the jewelry giver kind of guy and it was good that I didn't care. Having said that, there were a couple anniversaries when he gave me diamond earrings or a necklace or something like that. Hmmmmm....I wonder where those are? )
Thank you Ms. enPlace!!
Now I need to think of 10 people to send it to.
Come with me as I continue to countdown my Friday Friend Cookbook! What is it, ...
What's outside my Kitchen window this week? This is. (for my garden/yard info check out this website ) I don't know if the...
A monthly meme hosted by Michelle at Because Reading is Better than Real Life . Michelle says: We sit for hours look...
Grab your coffee cup, or your coke or whatever your poison is, and settle down for a long read. I should probably post about the cheesec...