Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wednesday Night

It's Wordless Wednesday.  I've never participated, but I know that most who do just post a picture. One picture...because it's worth a thousand words.

Here are mine  (more than one picture, but maybe it will tell the story)


See that road?  (okay, I admit it,  its difficult for me to be wordless), that bridge being built over the Colorado River?
My husband thinks we're going  to drive over it in a few weeks.
To judge how high this bridge is....there is a road right now that goes over the top of the dam.  A Road and parking and a couple of shops and a visitors center and a restaurant...right there on top of that big concrete dam. 
And this new bridge is...oh, so much higher and taller and bigger!



It looks scary to me.



My husband says I won't even notice that I'm on it, until I'm over it.
(that's him...we were crossing over from Nevada to Arizona last October and stopped to tour Hoover Dam. They were in the process of building the bypass bridge)
Last week they opened the bypass--this bridge. 
YIKES!



I'll let you know how it goes. 

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

It looks scary to me too! My husband has been wanting to tour Hoover Dam ever since my in-laws did last year.

Karen said...

Yikes! I didn't know they finished it. Just don't be the first car in line :)

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...