Saturday, July 11, 2015

Saturday Snapshot--I'm home

Home at last!
Internet at last!

I'm all about nostalgia.  I love it.  I love having grown up in the 60's and 70's and all that it entailed for kids...yadda,  yadda, yadda
(you know those Facebook posts that say, when I was a kid--- we drank out of a hose, rode bikes without helmets behind the mosquito truck---)
But there is something fun about technology too.

We were up  at our family cabin in Oregon last week. 
We over-lapped 4th of July weekend with my brother and his wife--had a great time--but none of our adult kids (5 boys) could make it that weekend.
We had fun doing family group texts while waiting for the fireworks.

We couldn't do family group texts WITH photos between 9 people, in an instant, in the 60's and 70's.

I say this because it WAS fun, and that was about the only time I had internet service last week-- because we were at the foot of the lake, close to town.
We didn't get service at our cabin.
It drove me just a little bit crazy.

*************
While I am home and do have internet service--I am still without a computer.  I assume it's waiting for me to pick it up on Monday morning, all fixed and ready to go!
I had to run into work for a second today and this is what I'm doing...
writing this blog post to say how happy I am to be home and have internet again.

Yes, we did do some upkeep and stained the deck. 
We also sat down by the river (our back yard) and enjoyed cocktails in the afternoon ... and our grandkids when they came.

I am sharing a few photos for Saturday Snapshot --
in no order of our trip, nor any rhyme or reason --



Saturday Snapshot is  hosted by West Metro Mommy Reads. To participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see.




















4 comments:

grammajudyb said...

All that pretty and a bookstore too! You are a lucky girl!!!

bermudaonion said...

I love the photo with the tongue out. Vance went through that phase, too - I'm sure I have a hundred or so photos of him like that. Welcome back to civilization.

Unknown said...

Looks like a really fun week!

- Linking over from Saturday Snapshots

Louise said...

What a beautiful spot your cabin is in. I love that photo of your drink and book- such a summery picture.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...