Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Friday Friend Recipes #191 and 192 -- World's Best Cookies and Zucchini Flats



Come with me as I continue to countdown my Friday Friend Cookbook!

What is it, you may ask?

In a nutshell...
About 19 years ago, 50 of my closest friends and family, who had been on an e-mail forum with me, sent in recipes in different categories and we compiled a cookbook.
I decided to count those down!
Why?

Because  one night I was looking thru the cookbook and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog"
The Handyman--who thinks he knows me better than I know myself, said,  "you'll never EVER do that."
Well,  maybe I will!  Maybe I'll show him!


Which brings me to recipes #191 and #192

Barb's Zucchini Flats and World's Best Cookies



World's Best Cookies?
I do love them!  A shortbread cookie with coconut and crunch (it's the cornflakes!)
I've seen them called Hawaiian Shortbread cookies.  Because of the coconut maybe?  Call them whatever you want, but you're going to love them!










I like zucchini -- some people don't.  What can I say?
Fried, dipped in Ranch dressing tho?  It's hard to be anything but good.
This could be a side dish or an appetizer.  Choose whatever suits your fancy!



As you  know, this all started from a 'friend forum' I used to have. I'm not sure how we got the idea of making a recipe book, but we did---and Barb ran with it.  I have saved our correspondence and printed them out and put them in notebooks.  Sadly, (to me anyway,)  I am going to toss the notebooks soon.  No one cares (like my family) about The Friday Friends daily conversations and the truth is, if you don't know anything about our past conversations it's hard to follow. Like it will never make it into a book or anything, so why keep them? 
  I have had fun tho---skimming thru them before getting ready to toss*
I came across this bit of correspondence that was about the cookbook, so thought it fit right here!
This note was from Barb..




Then later another from Barb to the Friday Friends:

Hey!  I wasn't really sleeping with another man!**

We finally got a few answers..... all of them a different category.
But I want to note the last answer from Shelly.  She was pretty new (I guess) to the Friday Friend Forum.  Funny how life turns out because now-a-days she is the one putting all this into a GREAT PHOTO SCRAPBOOK from Shutterfly for me!!  She is awesome!





*notice I keep saying 'getting ready to toss' and I haven't actually tossed anything yet.  It's a hard thing to do because when I do skim thru them, I always smile!




I'll share a couple pics of Barb on Mother's Day this year.
She and her daughter Kim. (who looks just like her)

Barb's caption for this one with her husband Doug...
Mother's Day would not be complete without the guy who helped make our wonderful daughter!

Geez Barb---kind of risqué!





** and this was the note that made her say I was sleeping with another man!
I thought I was so clever.... hahaha!


And that my friends brings  us almost up to 200 recipes made by me from the FF Cookbook.
Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...