Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Friday Friend Recipe #193 (spaghetti sauce #12) -- Cherrie Stone Sauce





Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.

What is the Friday Friend cookbook: I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county). At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 18 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday. (plus so much more....)

AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said,  "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him!  Maybe I will.
Which brings me to this... recipes #193

Cherri Lou Who's Spaghetti Sauce (sauce #12)







Cherrie Stone Sauce
Cherrie Lou Who
Auburn, Washington

Start with fresh tomatoes  (canned okay).
Add ground beef, sausage, olives, onions, mushrooms, sometimes 
peppers, tons of garlic and spices.
No measuring!


I did it all! All the ingredients.  I sliced the Italian sausage just for something different.
Most of the time I am not a 'mixer in-er' of the sauce.  I am a 'spoon-it-over-the-top' kind of spaghetti eater.  So, my apologies to anyone who's sauce I am screwing up.

While looking thru the books I  found some correspondence when we were talking about everyone's spaghetti sauce!
It's so true-- that line where  I write about everyone using the same ingredients and coming up with something entirely different. 
Well,  kind of different anyway. I think I wrote 'a bit' different, but you know what I mean.




and from me again... a few days later....




You all know my sister-in-law, Cherrie Lou Who, right?  But did you know that she loves Pirates? 
That's a Cherrie Lou Who Fact!
She loves pirates!
When she was little she wanted to grow up to be a ghost--while that's still possible, in the meantime, she'll be a pirate! 



Cherrie Lou Who (or loohoo?) is everybody's favorite aunt (be you relative or not) and she hosts a Pirate Camp once a year --  a camping trip with a pirate theme!
Everybody joins in!  At least Cherrie and the kids do anyway.



Arrrrgh Matey!
Shiver me Timbers!
Yo Ho Ho!


She has formal pirate attire....


And then there is the Semi-formal pirate attire....



On my 52nd birthday I threw a party for myself at our cabin in Wallowa Lake, Oregon.  Invited Friday Friends from near and far... and one night we had a traveling 'themed' cocktail party...
Cherrie Lou Who and her husband Mike and good friend Leah, hosted the Pirate stop (of course)...

And our friend Mitzi became the Pirate Queen!
Maybe under duress?






The décor was all early pirate of course.
It's a fact, Cherrie Lou Who loves Pirates!
And spaghetti sauce,  because she grew up thinking she was Italian.  Her mother told her so... then came Ancestry.com, but that's a story for another time.....





And that my friends is Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown recipe #193 and Spaghetti Sauce #12!

That's my story!
It's a fact!
I'm not hornswagglin' ya!












No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...