Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Friday Friend Recipe #195 -- Mexican Coffee





Come with me as I continue to countdown my Friday Friend Cookbook!

What is it, you may ask?

In a nutshell...
About 19 years ago, 50 of my closest friends and family, who had been on an e-mail forum with me, sent in recipes in different categories and we compiled a cookbook.
I decided to count those down!
Why?

Because  one night I was looking thru the cookbook and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog"
The Handyman--who thinks he knows me better than I know myself, said,  "you'll never EVER do that."
Well,  maybe I will!  Maybe I'll show him!


Which brings me to recipe #195

Cherrie Lou Who's Mexican Coffee



The Ingredients all set out
and the recipe....


And Cherrie Lou Who reads her directions because she says it's been a long time since she has made Mexican coffees.
Her big brother, the Handyman is anxious to help...anxious to taste.


First you light a bunch of stuff on fire...















Then you add a bunch of booze...





And  top it off with  ice-cream...
oh yeah, there is some coffee in there too!



Say Cheers!



Then you drink!


And when your sister-in-law says to your husband, "here, let me wipe your bottom" 
YOU KNOW you've got his old age care problem solved!


Thank goodness that's settled!
Now we can just enjoy this really, REALLY yummy coffee on the patio with family.
So, so very yummy!!








Everything was going fine.  A Good yummy coffee beverage, some good visiting with family, a nice day, a good yummy coffee beverage--oh, did I say that already?  I didn't think it too potent--that is until, I said 'everybody raise your glasses for a toast'.
And this is what the smart-alecs did:








Family!  Gotta love 'em.
I do---I married into this lot--on purpose!

And I give you Cherrie Lou Who's Mexican Coffee --
--a good yummy coffee beverage--
--recipe 195 in the countdown!


1 comment:

Tina said...

Now that looks like quite a treat!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...