Sunday, June 17, 2018

Friday Friend Recipe #198 -- Raspberry Jello



My Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown #198
(#willreallyfinishthissomeday)
My Raspberry Jello

and you know all the whys and wherefores of this countdown, right? Homemade cookbook, friends contributed, Handyman said I couldn't/wouldn't do it, I'll show him, yadda yadda yadda....

...and the rest is cookbook history!






Seriously?
I should go to jail for putting this recipe in the 
Friday Friend Cookbook!!

I can't even...
I can't even tell you why. 
Why?
I have no idea!  But Jell-O? Really?  And this was turned in by me.

Well, what's done in done and Raspberry Jell-O is in the Cookbook, so now we go forward. 
I do like Jell-O with raspberries in it---and a  little bit of Cool-Whip on top.  When I was young my mom would make this and them whip it all together before she set it on the dinner table.  We had a kind of Jell-O-raspberry parfait. 


And if me putting Jell-O in the cookbook wasn't insult enough--I actually gave a recipe on how to do it!!

Raspberry Jell-O
Debbie Stone
Winnemucca, Nevada

1 pkg raspberry Jell-O
1 pkg loosely frozen raspberries

Prepare Jell-O  with 1 cup hot and 3/4 cup cold water.  Add frozen berries.  Let set in clear bowl and top with layer of whip cream or Cool-Whip.
(also good with sugar free Jell-O)

so glad I clarified that it's good with sugar free Jell-O. 




Once again... I should go to jail for putting JELLO in the FF Cookbook!
Oh look!  I was in jail!

We had a girls weekend in Boise, Idaho a couple of years ago 
(Shelly has a house there and the Boise Friends of the Library were having a huge book sale!)  and,
well... we went to prison.
We toured the old Boise State Penitentiary! 




In jail with April and Shelly at the old Idaho State Penitentiary!



We might have been thrown in jail for loafing. I bet that was it.
When was the last time you 'loafed'?
Well, let me tell you---it's not worth it.  Don't fall into this life of crime like I did!  You'll end up thinking Jell-O  is a worth while recipe for a cookbook!
(those are my glasses on top of my head.  I did not have a big streak of gray hair/roots. At that time)


 Shelly actually
had dual crimes!
(she's like that---rebellious and, well... wild!)




The Old Idaho State Penitentiary is well worth the time to tour.  It was very interesting and kind of creepy.  I'll leave the creepy pictures out for now--but there was an old Death Row cell block as well as the Gallows and Gallows viewing area.

Besides the prison, we also went to the Boise Friends of the Library book sale and to the Farmers Market and to church at the Cathedral of the Rockies--wow, we really are wild.
Wild book reading, market going, church going inmates!

That's how we Jell-O eaters roll!





















And that my friends is recipe #198
Raspberry Jell-O! 
Sorry.  But then again, not sorry.  Jell-O is good.  And refreshing-- and as you know it's also good using sugar free Jell-O, so it can be a low calorie treat! (that was sarcasm)
Who the hell puts Jell-O in a cookbook?
Me, that's who!


No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...