Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Friday Friend Recipe #240 and #241 - Cranberry Sparkle Punch and Crab and Cheese Fondue




Come with me as I continue to countdown my Friday Friend Cookbook!
What is it, you may ask?
In a nutshell....
About 20 years ago, 50 of my closest friends and family, who had been on an
  e-mail forum with me, sent in recipes in different categories and we compiled a cookbook.
I decided to count those down!
Why?
Because one night I was looking thru the cookbook and I said, "I should make every recipe in  here for my blog."
The Handyman, who thinks he knows me better than I know myself, said "you'll never EVER do that."
Well, maybe I will!  Maybe I'll show him!

Which brings us to Recipes #240 and 241, Tracy's Sparkle Punch and Barb's Crab and Cheese Fondue!


Last year I had a cocktail party.
I'm pretty sure it was New Year's Eve.
Theresa's husband Mike had to work late.
April took ill and had to leave--so it was just two couples and half of each other couple.

I think by now (if you've read all 240 of the cookbook countdowns) you can tell who goes with whom.  Or mix and match us!  It'll be okay.






Anywhoo...  
(am not a fan of that word, but it seems to work here)
I had a cocktail party on New Year's Eve.
Where I made this great Cranberry Sparkle Punch from the Friday Friend Cookbook.




And then I made this great Crab and Cheese Fondue recipe of Barb's.



 It's so yummy!
In fact, I even got a text the next day from Theresa:


Cuz there he is--in my kitchen---messing with my cooking!
I am being sarcastic about thanking him!  
Or...am I?
He was in there messing with stuff!
And that IS the cheese dip he's messing with!!


An email that I sent out earlier in the afternoon...
I am in green.






My friends are too kind!  LOL  
But I actually do know what I'm doing in the kitchen.
I was following Barbara Brown's recipe to the tee!
And he was trying to tell me what to do, what to add in to it, how to make it.
Grrrrr…. 

It really was perfect just the way it was.









The moral of the story is:
Never let a bored husband mess around with a friends famous dip.
Or something like that. 

And that is enough story for this post!

Here are the recipes.  Add vodka to the punch if you want to step up the festiveness. 















My friends I bring to you recipes #240 and #241

Only 126 left to go!


No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...