Monday, February 27, 2023

Friday friend recipe number #331 Chicken Cheese Enchiladas




My Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown #331


My wonderful friend Traci's Chicken Cheese Enchiladas

and you know all the whys and wherefores of this countdown, right? Homemade cookbook, friends contributed, Handyman said I couldn't/wouldn't do it, I'll show him, yadda yadda yadda....

...and the rest is cookbook history!

Just remember, the countdown is not all about pretty food and food design---it's about the people and the stories.
And (the most important thing) proving my husband wrong--and that I can and WILL make every recipe in this cookbook.





Tex-Mex at its finest. 
I am always debating over corn or flour tortillas, and usually, USUALLY (there are always exceptions to the rule) original Mexican food uses corn tortillas and the more Americanized Tex-Mex will use a flour tortilla.
So, here you go---Tex-Mex enchildadas.
And they are good!



As you know, if you've read past Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown posts, Traci was my daily person. We communicated via email (cuz we're old fashioned like that) throughout the day while we worked. 
Then Traci retired and I haven't heard from her since.
Okay, that's not true.  But she is off doing fun things and I am working.
Fun things like going to baseball games? 

Yesterday I sent her a text asking a couple of random questions to try and get a little funny story for here.
First, I asked her "What is the most ridiculous dream you've ever had?"
It was like pulling teeth to get her to tell me.
First, she says:  Wow, that is a weird question for sure.  I don't really remember my dreams, but it was about my kids and something they did. Funny dream, not scary.
Then I had to ask again--but what was it about?
She said, Don't remember, that was a few months ago.

So, then I had to switch tactics and ask her about baseball.
Traci doesn't watch much TV--we both would rather read a book--so I asked if she watched the baseball games with Larry.
She said: I will watch sometimes while I 'm reading. but to sit and watch a whole game--so NOT interested. We go to one live game a year tho.  Live yes, TV no.

And Wah-LA!  I found evidence of she and Larry at a baseball game.
The San Francisco Giants--he is an avid sports fan, but his team is San Franciso anything.

2 different years.  OR two different men with Traci?
A mustache changes the look so much!   (but it's really him!)



During our conversation, in which, I am reminded once again that Traci does not watch TV, she says she is going to (different town) to watch her grandkids for a week.
Later on in the day she texts me:  I'm getting so old; I don't know how to work their TV.
Her son and daughter-in-law were gone by this time.  

This is what we get for not watching TV!  We don't know how to work stuff anymore.
Thankfully she has adolescent grandkids who can help her figure all this technology out. 

Go make these enchiladas now--figure out your TV and watch and old movie or a baseball game--opening day for the 2023 season is March 30th.  Have a margarita.  It'll be perfect!




My friends!  This is recipe 331 out of 361 (I'm 99% sure I have all the math down pat now)
2023 will be the year!!
(Although I'm slow going)

Then what will I do?





No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...