Saturday, February 18, 2023

Friday friend recipes 328 329 and 330 Linda’s Spaghetti Sauce, Shrimp and Chicken in Wine Sauce and Spinach Terrific




I must get this done!  At least to prove something to myself if not the Handyman...
 because...

...about 22 years ago, 50 of my closest friends and family, who had been on an
  e-mail forum with me, sent in recipes in different categories and we compiled a cookbook.
I decided to count those down!
Why?
because one night I was looking thru the cookbook and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman/Mayor, who thinks he knows me better than I know myself, said "you'll never EVER do that."
Well, maybe I will!  Maybe I'll show him!

Which brings us to my cousin Linda's Shrimp and Chicken in Wine Sauce, Spinach Terrific and Spaghetti 


Yum to the shrimp and chicken. It was good.
In fact, maybe I'll make it tonight!



The spinach was a fun twist on creamed spinach--which I like. 
Do you?








Before I go any further, I must explain how weird the Handyman is.
For example, he has no free will in choosing his clothes.  When I wash and fold, I leave his T-shirts lying on the bed, he puts them away by putting them under the T-shirts which are already on the shelf. When he gets dressed, he grabs the first T-shirt.  He calls it the rotation--so they all get equal billing/wearing.   I said to him, what if you don't want to wear that shirt?  He said it doesn't matter--it's first up in the rotation.
He does his coats/jackets like that too.
I had no idea.  45 years in and I am still learning new things. We keep it happening--keep the love alive with new discoveries. (sigh)
Anyway...  we had some salad with our spaghetti, and he lined up the salad dressings by expiration date, telling me (and pointing) which one we could eat first.
It was the first blue cheese, of course.  
I went out on a limb and grabbed the French (which I really didn't want, but I was being stubborn) and watched him cringe. 






This is a really good spaghetti sauce--and as Rich said, we've eaten a lot of spaghetti sauces during this countdown.  I believe this is spaghetti sauce recipe #23.
The only thing is--I feel the 1 tablespoon of crushed red pepper was a typo.  I'm sure it meant 1 teaspoon. But I can't prove it.  Rich said I had to follow the recipe --exactly, because that's what I do.  BUT I only put in 1/2 tablespoon.
It was very spicey, but very good.
I would make it again---just for the good smell in my house all night long.
Seriously in the middle of the night, I woke up and it smelled like heaven.
Or spaghetti sauce--which is kind of like heaven. 

I used ground beef and turkey.








This will be the last post about my cousin Linda.  It's always sad to go say goodbye (even if she's not really gone)
Linda was one of the most prolific contributors to the Friday Friend Cookbook--
you can check out all of her recipes here (just click).


This is a photo of my mom and me and Linda and her daughter, Jennifer, taken at a wedding.  (it was her son's wedding--and it was about 17 or 18 years ago, I think)


Anyway, it was a wedding!  Weddings are always happy affairs, and I have a little memory of my own wedding, 45 years ago.
And LOOK!  Here is little Jenn 45 years ago, at (and in) my wedding to the Handyman.


Forty-Five years ago, there were no cell phones and pictures weren't as plentiful--anyway, I cannot find a picture of Linda and I at my wedding.  I don't know what was up with that!
But in my wedding book, I have poems that she wrote for Rich and me. In her own handwriting.  



A snapshot of me before the wedding.




A snapshot of Rich outside the church, before the wedding.



One thing I'll say--
We haven't changed a bit!!


My friends!  These are recipes #328, 329, and 330 out of 361 (I'm 99% sure I have all the math down pat now)
2023 will be the year!!
(although I'm slow going)

Then what will I do?


No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...