Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Birthday

On the Writer's Almanac this morning, there was this blurb:

It's the birthday of the woman who wrote one of the most popular cookbooks in history, Irma Rombauer, (books by this author) born in St. Louis, Missouri (1877). The author of The Joy of Cooking actually wasn't a good cook at all, but she was a famous hostess in St. Louis, and she wrote a cookbook for people like her, people who needed straightforward directions and simple ingredients.

This is me...I like to entertain. Okay, wait a minute. I "can" cook, and I'm not all that famous of a hostess here in Winnemucca. I do like to entertain tho, people like my parties. And... I have this cookbook in my collection.

No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...