Thursday, March 11, 2010

Booking Through Thursday

Stephen King anyone?




Okay, I don't have a book to talk about (although, I do love a lot of the old SK stuff) , but when I pulled up at the market yesterday, this bird was just sitting on a truck next to me and it kinda creeped me out.



Booking Through Thursday is a  A weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading.
This weeks "Booking Through Thursday" question asks.....

How do you feel about illustrations in your books? Graphs? Photos? Sketches?


You know, I've never really given it much thought.
I do like photographs. When I read "Devil in the White City" it was really interesting to have a picture here and there for some historical reference. But I guess that would be a "non-fiction" book, so it seems more practical to have photographs in that type of book.
Hmmm....in my fiction? I guess a little bit is okay, but don't over do it.
(I can't even think of any books that have illustrations in them--which means they haven't made a big impact on me.)

*and cookbooks don't count....it's a given that most of them will have photographs or illustrations.
********************
Last night I attended a class on how to write a memoir, given by my friend Gini Cunningham. (she did an earlier class on how to get your book published ).


Her book, "The Memoirist's Companion--Remembering and Writing about Life," is available at the Humboldt County Chamber of Commerce (where I work...and no, we don't have an on-line store...LOL.  I was just trying to give her a shout out! )

Check out this great article by Gini by clicking here.
 
And here she is.... encouraging all of us to write about our lives!
 

4 comments:

Karen said...

I bet that was an interesting class. So, have you begun your memoir?

sadie said...

Mrs. Cunningham wrote a book? I didn't know that cool. How is it?

Joie de vivre said...

Humboldt Co. California? I went to high school in Eureka. SMALL world!

Michelle B said...

What a great class to be able to attend. I love that you've combined blogs...I never know what to expect and that's fun. I think we would get along well! Did you know that I work at my local library?

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...