Monday, June 21, 2010

Musing Mondays and It's Monday--What are you Reading

Monday Musing

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading!
This week’s musing asks:

Name your top 2-3 favorite genres (the ones you read most from).




My favorite genre? I think that's hard to answer.
I guess if I had to chose 2 or 3....

One would be series "cozy" mysteries, the ones with the same character book after book after book. I know, they are short on plot, BUT, I like to  see how the character grows and develops thru-out the series AND I like to get to know their "town" or place (wherever the books takes place).


I always thought it would be fun to take a "bookish" vacation. Some place where one of my favorite characters likes to call home, eat at the same places, visit the same landmarks...stuff like that.


Another favorite of mine are memoirs. I like that reminiscing that authors do. I like "coming of age" books also.


But mostly, I read general fiction, "hot topics for bookclubs" because I'm in 4 different book clubs.


**************************************


It's Monday What are you Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at "One Persons Journey Through a World of Books"



What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.


Last week I finished "Living Dead in Dallas" and "Every Secret Thing" and I've gotten thru half of "Street Gang" (it's a bit academic for me---kind of dry. )


So, this week I will be finishing that up, and starting and finishing by Thursday evening, "Orange is the New Black" by Piper Kerman,
as that is our book club book and we meet and discuss in just 3 days!


Short answers today!

4 comments:

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

Orange is the New Black looks really good. I was just looking at it in the bookstore the other day.

caite said...

I love all mysteries..except cozies...and I have sworn off memoirs. Well, I each their own! lol

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I like the look of Orange Is The New Black too. Have a super week of great reads!

bermudaonion said...

Oh, I love memoirs too!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...