Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Chicks are coming

Tomorrow I have the Chicks at my house! I'm so excited.



What are the chicks? It's a book club. Not for me, I have enough of my own, but rather the Jr High girls from church.


They have a bookclub, complete with by-laws (which they wrote themselves), traditions, etc. They call themselves the "Methodist Church Chicks"
They read the Outsiders and now we're going to watch the movie. And I suggested that they watch West Side Story (classic!) if they are going for the gangsta movies.


My job? To cook for them. The Handyman and I will make hot dogs and chips and ice cream sundaes.
We will have seven 12 to 13 year old girls at our house. The Chicks. I love it when kids love to read.


Hmmmmm....it's been years since I've read "The Outsiders". And one of the Chicks has borrowed my book. Guess I'll look for some Cliff-Notes (or whatever they are called).


Guess what? I just found a blog where you can read the whole book on-line.  Click here.


Here's to a great evening.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds like so much fun! I LOVED The Outsiders when I was that age.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Love the group and have not read that book forever! I am always excited to see book clubs of younger people.... YAY!

Pam said...

That sounds like a fun time! I'll check that book out!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...