Thursday, October 7, 2010

Good Morning!

I, too, have my cup of coffee this morning, as I listen to the rain come down... it did stop for a bit, so the Handyman and I could go for a walk this morning.  We were late getting out---5:15 a.m.  (I blame that on my husband.  He has to be at work at 7:00).   We are not used to so much rain out here in Nevada.  I say, so much.. but it's only rained off and on for the past 3 1/2 days, that's it.  Some of these Nevadans are fed up, they want sunshine, but I LOVE IT.
We do have a mystery that plagues me tho....Nevadans have never got the hang of umbrellas, so we don't use them.  I think it's because it rains so little, we just dont' "own" any umbrellas, and then when it does rain, it usually only lasts a short while, so what's the use?  

I am writing this random post because I wanted to remind you again that October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month...In Canada too!  And I linked to BeanTown Baker's  Power of Pink Challenge a few days ago, so I wanted to remind you.... make something pink and post about it this month.

A few more random pictures from my 3day-60mile walk.



There were medical tents at every pit-stop. There were pit stops every few miles.



Tent city again--you had to remember your street letter and tent number, because they all looked alike.


My sister in law and my friend.  Pretty much passed out after walking on day #2.
A few mintues earlier, you would have found me lying there too.


There  was a whole litte "city" at the end of the day.  We had 'crew' who cooked for us and cleaned for us. Shower trailers and even a "rememberance tent" (that was very emotional)


There was also a tent decorating contest!

3 comments:

justjoycee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
justjoycee said...

Almost like us Miamian's who have that one sweater we can never find for winter....lol. Nice post! One of the walks here will be on the 16th.

Jessica White said...

In New England...we're prepared for absolutely any kind of weather, whether it's rain, snow, sun, sleet, humidity, hail, or perfection. We get it all!

Jump over to my blog, I'm doing a Fall Food Friday collection of recipes :-)

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...