Monday, August 11, 2014

A night with the Lit Wits


Book Club!
It always re-energizes me.
It feeds my soul.  
Okay, that sounds a bit dramatic, BUT, it kinda really does.
I LOVE all the ladies at all my book clubs.  What happens and what is said in book club, stays in book club.
(which means we've had some crazy, crazy book club meetings thru-out the years)

Lit Wits is the dinner/book club.
Hosted by Ann last week.

Here we are...
....enjoying a nice summer evening outside.



With  cocktails of course!  
Fruity Yummy Cocktails!


We read Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King.
Not all of us are Stephen King fans,  but we all enjoyed this book.
It was funny---not the book---but the fact that all of us read it and enjoyed it.
I guess it was time for a little summer suspense.

(Robin was sharing Joyland which she also enjoyed)


Speaking of Robin---
---at our first meeting of the year,  we gave everyone a 
Book Bingo card 
and the first person who had a Bingo, won a Greatest first lines ever coffee mug!
Robin won!
She had to read  (outside of book club) different types of books.




I can't find a copy of the exact book bingo cards we used, but I did find this one on Stephen King books:


Robin would have won that bingo too, as she is a huge Stephen King fan!

Ann made us some poisoned hamburgers --to go along with the theme of the book, and a couple of great salads.
She's a great cook!

Great book discussion,
Great conversations about life, love and whatever.

I really wasn't lying when I said it feeds my soul.
It really does.
It does a body good!!











2 comments:

Tina said...

You all look like you are having a wonderful time. I'm jealous - what a cool book club!!

Have ya'll read Outlander by Gabaldon yet?

bermudaonion said...

My book club is so dull compared to yours.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...