Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Supremely Bad Idea


It's Tuesday evening and I'm home alone.
This sounds weird, but it is one of my favorite times of the week.
The Handyman works late and I come home and I don't cook, I don't clean, I don't turn on the TV.
I did take the garbage out.
But other than that?  Nothing that I don't want to do.
I'm going to poach an egg, dip my toast in the runny yolk  (don't judge until you try it), have a cup of tea and read, Read, READ!!

What am I reading?
Well, listen to this first paragraph...

I grew up in England, a small country near Iceland where we all love the queen and the sun don't shine. Because of the lousy weather and the unfair distribution of wealth, the place is filled with sad people with not much going on for them.
My homeland has a strong tradition, however, of inventing safe pursuits for all the losers.


What do you think?  Should I continue on?
Look at this cover!  How can I not?

I guess it also helps that I am a little bit of a bird-watcher.
I go every year on a "birding weekend"  (be careful tho, if you click on the link, the bird post link---the first one is about Llamas.  Yes, Llamas.  I have no explanation for this.  I'm just kinda edgy like that: writing about Llamas in a  bird tagged post.)

BUT---this face!
How can you resist?




I cannot.
So I will read on.
It's a non-fiction, memoir.  
I know I'll love it.

I'm linking up to 
at
(I bet there are lots of cool birds by the sea!)

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I love being at home by myself for a little while. I'm sure it'd get old after a while but it's heavenly for a few hours.

kayerj said...

I think it sounds like it has quite a bit of satire in it. I like satire. Have a nice week! kelley—the road goes ever ever on

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I ;ike the cover of this one and the cover is so cool. I also love most memoirs. Thanks for joining us.

JoAnn said...

This looks like fun!

Unknown said...

I probably won't read this. Will depend on you for your thoughts on this book. I just can't add another book to my to-read list! Before I started working I always like being home alone during the day. Now that I'm working those few hours every now and then that I have the house to myself are even more enjoyable.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...