Monday, October 20, 2014

Friday Friend Cookbook Recipe #29 -- Breakfast Casserole


Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.

Friday Friend cookbook:   I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends.  At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions,  exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts,  had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.

AND,  we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
Which brings me to this... recipe #29

Shelly Noble's
Easy Breakfast Casserole




Just to make certain that you know,
every recipe in the Friday Friend Cookbook, are recipes that we use.
All the time.
Tried and true.

That is why my friends submitted them--because they are simple and good.

Here is a great one for breakfast!
Thank you Shelly for contributing to the Friday Friend Cookbook.
To see all of Shelly's Recipes (so far---I'm not done yet)  click here.
And all the FF recipes to date: click here.





Easy Breakfast Casserole
from Shelly Noble
Winnemucca, NV

1 bag frozen tater tots
1 dozen eggs, slightly beaten
shredded cheese--lots
link sausage

Layer all uncooked ingredients in the order given.
Bake at  350 for 45 minutes.


(I wish I had cut the links apart--the little v's are bugging me. Next time I will)


My Shelly story?
Well,  this week she is having surgery on her foot--her Achilles's tendon.
She had the right one done last year and this year it will be her left one.

Now, I will meander .....
We are kind of 'theme' people, my friends and I.
We are in a rut and always do the same things over and over and over.
Like I always have a wiener-fest party in the summer and a soup supper in the winter.
Sally always has a waffle party in the winter
April always has movie night in the summer
Theresa always has a 4th of July BBQ
Shelly always has a Superbowl party.

We really need to get out of our rut.
Same things....again and again and again......
and we don't have any fun.

Take for instance, last year at Shelly's dance party.
(initially the husbands were not happy and said, 'whatever, we're NOT dancin'... but once they had a beer or two, they got into the 'dance theme')

Shelly was hurt, injured, sidelined by surgery...and yet, she went ahead and had her dance party.  (sigh)  It's an every other year tradition, you know.
In November.  Outside.
No. Fun. At. All.

we  need to get out of this habit  of doing the same thing.
This  pattern of behavior is dull. 

But ummm......





We did a good job at faking our way thru it!

Pat (not her husband)  decided that Shelly should dance!
No matter the surgery!
No matter that her leg is in a rolley thing!
No matter --- one must keep with the habit, and the dance party must go on!

I am sure no fun was had!!









Meanwhile,
back at the bonfire.....


One day I'll do a blog post about the dance parties.

I just might have to change the names. 
To protect the innocent. 

oh, and thanks Shelly!
Great recipe for a lazy morning!
Company morning or whomever you want to serve it too.
It's good.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I'm lucky I didn't have a crash with my rolly-thingy when I was trying to dance!

bermudaonion said...

Carl would be one of the guys back at the bonfire.

The casserole recipe looks easy and sounds yummy. I think I would use crumble sausage instead of links, though.

Tina said...

Another great recipe ! You all have great fun, I'll tell. You are very fortunate to have such a wonderful group of friends #jealous!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...