Saturday, October 18, 2014

Friday Friend Recipe #28 -- Macaroni Salad



Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.

Friday Friend cookbook:   I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends.  At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions,  exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts,  had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.

AND,  we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
Which brings me to this... recipe #28

Barbara Brown's
Macaroni Salad



I am adding  pasta salads in with the category of hard to take photos of.
It's hard to take a 'pretty' photo of macaroni salad.
But those of us who love macaroni salad can take satisfaction in knowing that it is GOOD!
Barb uses tuna in hers---gives it a little seafood edge.  (My mom would use shrimp sometimes--both are good.)



Tuna Macaroni Salad
FF Barbara Brown
in
Buckeye, AZ

2 cups seashell macaroni, boil and drain
1 small diced onion
1 1/2 cups diced celery
1/2 of a green pepper, diced
6 hard boiled eggs, diced
2 can tuna, drained
small can of chopped black olives
sweet pickles--to taste
mayo to taste & a small amount of mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all. Chill. Serve.



In all honesty, I am going to have to begin to do a "Barb" recipe every other FF countdown.  Since she was the typist and I was the compiler,  we added lots of recipes.
AND, I am just going to have to put one fact about her (and others) with each recipe now.  I don't think I can think up 300 stories about my Friday Friends  (sigh)
and there are just some I shouldn't tell....

....and right now, all I can think about is one I shouldn't tell.
Dang it!  

(and I'm wondering what the heck the Handyman is looking at!  Must be something on the floor)

We had a traveling cocktail party on this weekend. This photo was taken at the beer and hotdog cocktail cabin.




This photo below of Barb and  Friday Friends, Shelly and Mitzi, was also taken at my 52nd birthday weekend party.
The one where I invited people who didn't know each other to spend a weekend together.
This was on one of our early morning walks to the Water Fall at Wallow Lake.
I am a 6am walker and some of my friends joined me.
I have to be honest, MOST of them stayed in bed and joined us all later for brunch.

Barb, on the left, is a faster walker than me, and she's had 2 hip replacements!
I admire that about her---nothing can keep her down.



No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...