Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Chocolate Chip Cookie #17





I just looked to see when I began this Chocolate Chip Cookie Journey.
My first post was  December 30th, 2011.

Click here for a look back at the Chocolate Chip Journey!
Everyone's favorite cookie!

Okay, just a little over 4 years and I'm on Chocolate Chip Cookie #17.
That's 4.25 times a year I make chocolate chip cookies. Which is average, I guess, if you are just making cookies, BUT really, really slow if you are trying to make your way thru a specific cookbook of chocolate chip cookies.
I need to up my game!


This cookie was made with 3 types of chips!  
What do you think of mixing up chips/chocolate?  Is it for you, or are you a purist who just wants the semi-sweet morsel?

 I wrote in the cookbook margin--at first glance this is too many chips for me.
I have to be honest,  I only use half as many chips as  are usually called for. I like more cookie and less chocolate.
Weird, huh?
Anyway--too many chips, BUT. the margin on the other side said they were okay.
I did not write good, I wrote okay.  
In my house, no cookie goes to waste tho, so all were eaten-- just to be sure we thought they actually were okay.



And most of the time, changes do need to be made for high altitude baking.
It looks like I wrote that at the bottom, but I can't tell you exactly what I did. Raise the temp?  Cook an extra minute? Add 1T of flour?
Sorry, but I figure you already have your #1 ch. chip cookie recipe-- you are just kindly walking with me as I count down this book--so I'm leaving this recipe as is and not retyping it. 
 If you  happen live above 4000 feet and feel compelled to make this recipe--it is a FINALIST after all--send me a message and I will get the cookbook out and tell you what I did to alter it.




One good cookie!


2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I like extra chips in my cookies!

Katherine P said...

I'm not the only one who cuts down on the chip amount! So glad to hear that! I definitely prefer more cookie to chocolate chip. I'm also not sold on milk chocolate chips in a cookie. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm a purist but I prefer semisweet or dark chocolate. Milk chocolate just doesn't taste right. My go-to cookie recipe is the Thick and Chewy Chocoalte Chip Cookie from Cook's Illustrated and the 2nd is a Browned Butter chocolate chip cookie recipe from Picky Palate. Both are delicious! This cookbook looks like a lot of fun!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...