Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Friday Friend Recipe #134 -- Good Salad



Friday Friend Recipe #134--Barb's Good Salad

Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.
What is the Friday Friend cookbook: I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county). At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 18 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.

AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said,  "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him!  Maybe I will.
Which brings me to this... recipe #134
Barb's
Good Salad




Jello salads.  There are a ton of them in this Friday Friend Cookbook.
I do like Jell-O tho, and I don't tend to make Jello nowadays. The Handyman prefers plain Jell-O so when I make a "Jell-O salad I have to eat it all myself.
That's okay, because this salad is aptly named "Good Salad".
And it is.



Good Salad
Barbara Brown
Buckeye, AZ

1 large Cool Whip
1 lb. creamed cottage cheese
1 6oz Jell-O (pour in dry)
1 large can crushed unsweetened pineapple-drained
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup coconut

Fold together and refrigerate for 24 hours.








Barb has a gazillion more recipes for me to make and post--so I don't feel bad for not having a story to tell this time.
I just want you to look at these photos very carefully.
VERY carefully.




She still has the same profile all these years later!
It's not fair!
There is no double chin, no sagging jowls, no wrinkly neck waddles-- just beauty!
My beautiful friend.

Yes, that is her standing in the photo above--doing a funky kick. That was in her dorm room, during her college years.
Once she gave me a big shoebox full of her college letters and I read them and returned them.  I wish I had kept them--for some deep dark secret to share--but I didn't.  They were so much fun to read tho!!

In the 2nd photo--who knows?!  (I guess it would be fair to say this of photo #1 also--who knows? Who knows what Barb was doing?)
Back to photo #2
It was my 25th wedding anniversary party, a mere 14 years ago.  The Handyman's siblings are giving Barb bunny ears and by the look on her face--who really knows what's going on?!

So, this is recipe #134.
Only 164 more to go!

**Just a little inside information.
Barb wins for the most Jell-O recipes and  Bisquick recipes.
The Handyman is keep track of stats.


No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...