Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dear Friends, TWD

Way to go TWD friends! I just love reading your posts.
As you might have noticed, I am no longer doing that challenge. But I love to look at your posts on Tuesdays.
I kind of got caught up in the excitement again right after the holidays. I thought "I can do this now", but seriously... I know me. And it's not for me.

This is me:
I Meant To Do My Work Today
by Richard Le Gallienne

I meant to do my work today,
But a brown bird sang in the apple tree,
And a butterfly flitted across the field,
And all the leaves were calling me.

And the wind went sighing over the land,
Tossing the grasses to and fro,
And a rainbow held out its shining hand
So what could I do but laugh and go?

Translation... I'm lazy? No, that's not it. I plan Christmas parades and Harvest Wine Tastings for a living!! Business After Hours mixers and Chamber of Commerce luncheons...I'm really not lazy, I just got--sidetracked? I'm digressing here. But I feel a tad bit of guilt over having pulled out. Can I still be your cheerleader?

All I wanted to say was CONGRATULATIONS on your 1 year anniversary. I'm always excited to read the Tuesday posts. I hope you all hang in there for many years. :~) I do have the cookbook, so maybe once in a while, I'll post a TWD recipe too.
Happy Tuesday (with Dorrie)!

Taken from my backyard (the rainbows that took me away....) Sept. 30th, 2008

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Hey Debbie...I'm almost feeling like that about the DB and that is only once a month! Sometimes things get so overwhelming for me that it is hard to keep up.

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer said...

I understand about feeling overwhelmed, truly, I do.

I love the pic of the rainbow! I posted one not too long ago! I think it was in October?

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...