Friday, January 23, 2009

news


This isn't a food post. (you can probably tell)

Just letting you know that I have the most clever children ever.
I told you of the adaptation of "Twas the Night Before Christmas" book they gave us on Christmas Eve, to tell us they were expecting twins...

...well today, I am delivered some flowers. with a note that said
"Hi Grandma. I'm a boy" and then another card that said, "and I'm a girl."

Ohhhh!!!! We're so excited we can hardly stand it.

The flowers.
AND...I couldn't resist picking up some little tennis shoes!!





And I have a friend who had twins. Her 88 year old mother gave me these buttons which were her's when her twin grandchildren were born.
How cute! She's 88 and kept the buttons all these years.

13 comments:

Sandra said...

That is so exciting, Debbie! And what a clever way for them to let you know that it's a boy and a girl. Congratulations, Nana!

Shelby said...

How exciting for you! One of each! :0)

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer said...

DEBBIE! What fabulous news! I know you are SO excited! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your wonderfully exciting news!

Unknown said...

How exciting! Congratulations! :)

Tina Butler said...

Congrats, I bet you cant wait to hold those babies. How perfect a girl and a boy. That was clever.

Joie de vivre said...

Congratulations. How exciting for you (and them!)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I bet you all are gonna have so much fun getting ready for the twinkies!

The Blonde Duck said...

That's so cute! Congrats! You're going to have so much fun.

Debbie said...

Tahnk you everybody! Yes, we are very excited. the only bad part is that they are in Connecticut and we are in Nevada. But, besides flying out to help and see the babies this summer, I get to do some New England sightseeing! In the .....humidity! (I don't really understand humidity, having never experienced it. LOL )
Thanks again for all your well wishs.

Linda said...

Debbie, Glad you got your gift! And congratulations on your wonderful news! ~Linda

Sheila said...

Wow, I would love to have twins. Maybe I am crazy, but it seems like such a wonderful thing.

I am certain you won't mind the humidity since it will come with a reward.

Not ever experiencing humidity. . . now that is something that I could do!

Karen said...

Congratulations! Are these your first grandchildren? My grandbaby is 2-1/2 now and what a doll - so much fun! Pretty flowers and very clever :)

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...