Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Garlicky Lemon Pepper Chicken


My husband, must have read my blog.
I'm never sure when he does or if he does, but he must have today, because he sent me an e-mail that said:

"you have a lot more than 200"

I am assuming he meant cookbooks. Because this soon after Christmas, he certainly doesn't mean the pennies I have in the bank!
I had to set him straight... I have 208 cookbooks plus assorted notebooks and magazines (which I'm going to toss as soon as I MAKE SURE I have taken out all the recipes I want to try). He just shakes his head at me. He loves me!

I'm not sure if this recipe counts as a "cookbook" for my goal, but it does come from my "file" of recipes to try. (and it's a keeper)
That would make one cookbook down and the file down. Right?

I was actually doing some blog surfing and came across this recipe at The Hungry Mouse-- "The Angry Chef's Garlicky Lemon-Pepper Chicken." It looked great.
It has 3 types of garlic, so ya gotta be a garlic lover. And it is fried, so in not sticking with my new "lighter" dishes....WAIT, that was someone else's goal, not mine, so I can do the fried garlicky, lemon chicken! Hooray!!
And I am ever glad I did. It was so good. There is something so comforting about frying. Seeing all those bubbles just going, making a nice crispy crunchy coating. And the sound of frying! Frying is good for all the senses. None of us do it often anymore. We dare not, because it is not good for us---but once in a while, I think for nostalgic purposes, and because it feels good on our tongues and tastebuds, we need to eat a fried food. And this...this good garlicky, lemony fried chicken just hits the spot.
You should really try it. I loved it. My husband loved it. My son (still at home and in his transistion period/year) loved it too.

Here is the recipe in the new cookbook holder. ( I e-mailed it to myself) (pay no attention to what looks like a messy "pile" behind and to the right of the fancy cookbook holder. It is a figment of your imagination)



And I don't know if anyone noticed, but this recipe was on top when I opened my file to show those recipes when I counted the other day (for my recipe goal count).
I must have REALLY wanted to try it out, because that was not planned.



I will give you the ingredient list, but am going to leave the instructions and tutorial to Jessie aka The Hungry Mouse, as it is her Angry Chef's recipe and no one can blog it like she does. (Honey B and I were just discussing this....she makes us want to eat lots of meat!)
But this way, you can check out the ingredients and see if it's a recipe for you.
And then...I will post some of my pictures. (which pale in comparison to the originals) but you know, it's just kind of fun for me--and my old Kodak--to try and get a decent shot.
But first THANKS Hungry Mouse and Angry Chef! You made dinner tonight, a fun, tasty, treat.

The Angry Chef's Garlicky Lemon-Pepper Chicken

6 chicken breasts (about 4 1/2 pounds)
2 cups flour
1 lemon, juice and peel
1 clove elephant garlic
3 1/2 tablespoons prepared minced garlic
pure olive oil
onion powder
garlic salt
white pepper
black pepper
dried oregano
dried parsley
powdered lemon peel

Serves 6- 8 as a main course.

And now...what you've all been waiting for...MY pictures.

4 comments:

Sandy Smith said...

Looks delicious! I love your cookbook holder! Very cool!

AK Mom said...

This sounds so good. I like garlic, so 3 types in one dish must taste fantastic!
I really like your cookbook holder too. :)

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer said...

WOW, this looks fabulous! Thanks for the recipe...and I agree, an every-once-in-awhile-fried food does the soul good...and that sizzle and bubble....OH, how I DO love that!

Your cookbook holder is so beautiful! I love it!

The Blonde Duck said...

LOL! He's stalking your blog to see what you'll make for dinner, I bet! Love the chicken. I think I'll try it...

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...