Thursday, January 15, 2009

uh oh

I arrive home from work today. My husband, Rich is already at home. I see the mail spread out on the counter, some bills opened, junk mail scattered.
He takes my face in his hands......
He gets all serious.....
He says.... "don't buy....."

OH CRAP. Has he just opened the AmEx bill? Seen how good a Christmas we really had. (oh, no, it can't be that, he already knows that)

He says, "don't buy...."

I hear "buy" as a long, drawn out word. In slow motion even. WHAT'S HE GOING TO TELL ME?
We are broke? Don't buy a thing! Don't buy groceries, we can't afford to eat?

"don't buy....."

yes? YES?

"don't buy ......any more chocolate chips!"

He had straightened my freezer. :~)
and found this......

13 comments:

tamilyn said...

Ha ha ha ha! Sounds like something the Dude would say to me!

Shelby said...

Oh my lord. LMBO, I love it!! TOTALLY LOVE IT!!

Unknown said...

Awww that was so nice he straitened your freezer...how funny! :)

Patsyk said...

Oh, no! Men are not allowed to reorganize the freezer or pantry! They'll find our secret stash of chocolate chips... among other things! ;)

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer said...

I am CRACKING up. That is TOO funny!!!

Cathy said...

We can never have too much of a good thing. Or not usually, anyway. You never know when you might need lots of chips.

Very funny.

Laurie said...

Thanks for the laugh! It especially cracked me up because the same thing is happening at my house. My husband hates it when my supplies get out of hand so I've been baking with all my leftover Christmas cookie supplies.

Anonymous said...

How funny!

Megan said...

You have to spread your stash out. Don't put all your eggs or in this case, all your chips in one basket! ;)

Unknown said...

I found you through Honey B's blog! You are right, you are funny! I have bags that look just like yours:-) I call them my "I-Forgot-I had-Them" partials!

The Blonde Duck said...

My husband does the same thing to me! I'm always convinced we're out of everything so we have 90 of everything! He thinks I came from the Depression.

sj said...

LOLOL! sounds like my house! you could makew trail mix now though!


:P

Lori said...

So I'm not the only one. But I think I got you beat. And that is not good. What the hey is a dieting girl suppose to do with (too embarassed to tell yah how many) too many bags of chips.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...