Monday, April 5, 2010

Book Post

I am going to tackle,  "Watership Down."

I don't know why I say "tackle", it's  not like it's "War and Peace".  It just seems a bit intimidating. 
I don't even know much about it, except that I've always wanted to read it, and with all this talk about rabbits this past weekend,  I pulled it off of my book shelf...blew off the dust and today at lunch, I opened it up and read the first couple of chapters. 

Of course I SHOULD BE reading "Olive Kitteridge" because it's the choice for May  for a book club I'm in.  I can't check it out of the library again, because there is a hold on it  (someone else wants it---probably someone in my book club ~sigh~  don't they realize we have a whole other month!)
So, I have an "Olive Kitteridge" deadline, both the library's deadline and my book club's, and yet, I choose to tackle Watership Down.

It's the procrastination side of me coming out.  I've been putting off  reading "Watership Down" for much too long now.    It's time I got on with it!
~smiles~

1 comment:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

Read it Debbie.
Gave me the shivers.


I love that my word verification is "strip."

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...