Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Crab Dip



It's amazing how time flies. I have cooked, taken pictures and...not gotten anywhere near my blog for the past week.

I have got a lot done at work tho.


Last Saturday night, we had a game-night at our house. Games and Grub. Where everyone brings an appetizer and whatever board games or card games they'd like to play, and then we set up tables around the house and people can eat and visit and play games as they'd like.


Our Saturday night ranged from some t-ball in the back yard, to Battleship to Pinochle to Adverteasing to Twenty Questions to our slot machine in the garage. (yes, we have a slot machine in our garage...the Sunday School kids LOVED it. )


There were lots of good appetizers.
I made this crab dip. I got the recipe from my good friend Theda. We have been friends since Jr. High...and that was many, many years ago. We both turned 50 this past summer.


Theda is a great cook and a wonderful entertainer.
Everyone liked this dip.




Crab Dip


1 pkg cream cheese--softened
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup finely sliced green onions
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1 can crab


Heat the cream cheese and mushroom soup on medium low, stirring until blended. Remove from the stove, Stir in the mayonnaise until well blended. Add remaining ingredients, stir together. Refrigerate a few hours, even overnight. (tastes better when cold).


She says: This makes a large bowl full. I like to take one bowl of the dip and keep one small bowl for the next day at home. This way, in case I did not get enough at the party, I have the next day to enjoy it.
I think that it is best with ridged potato chips.


I agree with her.

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Game night sounds like loads of fun!

Karen said...

A can of cream of mushroom soup? Wow, I would never have thought of a dip having that in it. Game/Grub night sounds like fun :)

Shelby said...

Isn't amazing what we can accomplish when we don't go near the computer! I tell myself somedays that I need to just leave it alone so I can get some other things done!

Connie said...

that sounds so good! And game night sounds like lots of fun!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...