Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What's Outside My Kitchen Window and Library Loot

What's Outside my Kitchen window?
Some welcomed sunshine.... and a few Quail.
(You can always check out My Big Back Yard, for more of what's outside there...
... in the high Nevada desert)



Library Loot!
Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva from a Striped Armchair, and Marg at the Adventures of an Intrepid Reader,  that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!



Want to share your loot?


I went to the library last night to pick up a book they had on hold for me...



The Handyman has limited me to only 3 books at a time (to be checked out), because it's addicting to me...being in a library...there is NO limit to the amount of books I can have.


I asked him if he was going to get a book. He told me that there were too many to choose from and that he got confused and didn't know what to get. BECAUSE he only gets one! His theory is that he only reads one at a time.


Anyway...he finally did choose one book, and I got him two others I think he might like.


And I picked up one, two, three, four, five.....


He gave me "a look" and I said...."It's the 24 hour read-a-thon this weekend".

Sadly I won't be participating in the Read-a-Thon, but it sounds like a lot of fun. 

This week, I only picked up four books....

The 2nd in the Sooky Stackhouse mystery series, Living Dead in Dallas.  I really enjoyed the first one and also love HBO's Tru-Blood series.

The Hour I First Beleived by Wally Lamb.  I've just seen it on many book club lists, so I thought I'd see if I liked it.

Chris Bohjalian's book, Secrets of Eden, which I know nothing about, but I've enjoyed a few of his other books.

And finally, the newest Margaret Maron book, Sand Sharks.  I love, Love, LOVE, the Deborah Knott Mystery series.

While it would be fun to stay home and do the 24-hour Read-a-thon. ,
I'm headed to a "fare-well" party for my book club friend Liesbet, who is moving back to Austrailia.    She will be missed.  We plan on having a "Skype" bookclub in a couple of months!  More on that later.
Happy Reading!!



7 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Your trips to the library must be loads of fun. Nice loot!

Sadie said...

I almost bought the hour I first believed from the used book store the other day but I resisted. Let me know how it is. I did buy for more books from Goodwill today for only $3 total.

Bybee said...

I keep circling the Lamb book...not sure...

Jill said...

I loved both The Hour I First Believed and Secrets of Eden...two of my favorite authors. Enjoy!

Eva said...

Looks like you have some fun reading ahead of you, when you have time! :)

Heather Truckenmiller said...

LOL! Dh and I are the same way at the library. He'll choose one book, and I'll choose two more for him. Then his pile looks less lonely next to my half dozen.

caite said...

oh yes, I sooo understand that dangerous place, the library..lol

I read Sand Sharks awhile ago. it was the first of Maron's book that I read and thought it was pretty good. Loved the setting...the rest was pretty good.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...