Saturday, April 2, 2011

Snapshot Saturday

Okay this is a creepy thing to wake up to on your bedroom floor.



Charlie McCarthy.  With his eyes that follow you....that monocle...the mouth that mocks you.  Really, really creepy.

My grandson had to camp out on my bedroom floor last night because he 'was afraid' of ghosts in the "red room"  (to be fair, we do think of Stephen King and redrum when we say  red room.  Read The Shining if you don't get that. )  It's my grandchildren room,  and he has slept in there many times.  Okay--to be fair again, I usually lay with him while he falls asleep in there, or we turn the TV on to the cartoon channel.  It was my youngest son's room when he lived at home and he and his girlfriend (who is now his wife) painted it red one year.  We have softened it up with two white walls and some Americana looking quilt on the bed.   It now also has a crib and a pak and play and a child's table and chairs.  A bunch of Raggedy Ann dolls on a shelf.  More shelves filled with hundreds of children's books  (including his favorite Goosebumps )  What is there to be afraid of?

But he is, and  yet,  brings CREEPY CHARLIE MCCARTHY to bed with him? 

I had the willies as I got out of bed this morning and had to step over old  Charlie, who was right  there on the floor looking up at me with his mocking eyes--they followed me to the bathroom, I just know it.
I hightailed it out of there fast and came downstairs to make coffee, grab my book and  I kind of fell asleep in my chair again.
It just wasn't a good night  with Charlie McCarthy in my room.

I am linking up to  Snapshot Saturday at  "At Home With Books".   You should join in!  Or at least stop by and see what other snapshots there are today.

11 comments:

Alyce said...

That Charlie McCarthy doll is definitely creepy! Having eyes stare at you all night could not have been restful.

Karen said...

Haha! Yup, having him stare at you all night long doesn't make for restful sleep!

Trish said...

Hooo boy, that is one creepy puppet. It's his evil grin that gets me.

Col (Col Reads) said...

There's a reason why puppets are always bad in movies, isn't there? Good picture, though! Thanks for sharing.

Karen Harrington said...

Oh my, I think I might have crawled back under the covers!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha - too funny Debbie. And yes, he is seriously creepy..... And by the way, I wouldn't want to sleep in the redrum either..

Angie said...

Yeah, that would freak me out to! I'm surprised he wasn't a little creeped out by it...

bermudaonion said...

That actually looks like something from the cover of a Goosebumps book.

Bev Hankins said...

Ha! Great story. Yes, Charlie is a bit creepy looking for early morning...

Here's my snapshot: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/04/saturday-snapshot.html

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

okay, I immediately thought "Chucky"...scary indeed. I am old enough to recall Charlie McCarthy though...LOL

Irish said...

That doll is freaky. It just reminds me of that Buffy episode where one came to life. *shudders*


My snapshot: http://www.tickettoanywhere.net/2011/04/saturday-snapshot.html

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...