Tuesday, February 7, 2012

First Chapter, First Paragraph Tuesday Intros


My first paragraph......

Ester's hand raced over the paper as if the colored pencils might be snatched from her, the quivering inside  her, wild, foreign, thrilling.   All this time she hadn't known that 'blue' was actually seven distinct shades, each with its own name--azure, Prussian, cobalt, cerulean, sapphire, indigo, lapis.  She pressed the waxy pencils on the paper, amazed by the emerging hues: the ornaments curving on the Armenian vase were lapis, the purplish contours of the Jerusalem mountains were shrouded by indigo evening clouds.  In this stolen hour at Mademoiselle Thibaux's dining-room table, she could draw without being scolded for committing the sin of idleness, God forbid.

Would you read it?  That is the question.   This is the book.




I am joining Diane from Bibliophile by the Sea and her

3 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

The writing is beautiful. I think I'd like this one a lot so I'd keep reading. Thanks for participating Debbie.

JoAnn said...

I like the writing, so I'd keep reading, too. Hope you are enjoying this one!

teresa said...

i'm totally intrigued!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...