Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Outdoor Wednesday


It's time for Outdoor Wednesday!
Hosted by Southern Daydreamer,where we get to post photos of  anything "outdoors."


A few weeks ago, my granddaughter came to spend a week with us during her spring break.
She lives in Phoenix, we live in Winnemucca.

We met in Las Vegas.  One weekend for me to pick her up, the next weekend for me to give her back to her parents.



That is a lot of desert to drive thru!!
On our way we go thru this  little mining town of Tonapah, NV.
(pronounced  Tone a paw, to all of us who live in Nevada.   Pronounced
  Ne vad a  ( the vad rhymes with RAD  no  ahhhh)

And while Googling Tonapah we came across a little known fact to us --
It has the most haunted motel in America!!
We were so excited to see it.  We thought it might be some stately old mansion or something equally as cool.
We were kind of disappointed when we drove up to this:




Just your basic, old  1960's era drive up motel.
It's  $39.50/night
What a deal!

To be honest... and I have to be...
it looks more dumpy than creepy.

I'll probably be going to clown hell now.
The only semi-spooky thing was this old miner cemetery that is right next to it. 





In this video the host keeps saying the name of the town WRONG!  You'd think if you were on Roadtrippers, you would have investigated and found out the correct pronunciation of the town  you were featuring!!!

I just thought this would be a fun little  "Outdoor Wednesday" to share with you.
Some haunted desert digs!
Stay at your own risk!
And don't take any Stephen King books!










5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

It looks dumpy to me too.

I'm making it my personal mission to get everyone in this part of the country to pronounce Nevada correctly but, so far, I'm not doing that well.

Karen said...

TaNOpa! Hahaha! I never could understand why clowns creep out so many people.

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

We usually find our hotel/motels on line and rely on the star rating, Wonder what this one would be. lol Have a blessed Easter.

Tina said...

I'd love trolling around the cemetery but that clown hotel creeps me out!

jilllora said...

OMG, no. Just no. Especially after reading IT.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...