Saturday, April 25, 2015

What Angels Fear




From Goodreads:

 It's 1811, and the threat of revolution haunts the upper classes of King George III's England. Then a beautiful young woman is found raped and savagely murdered on the altar steps of an ancient church near Westminster Abbey. A dueling pistol discovered at the scene and the damning testimony of a witness both point to one man, Sebastian St. Cyr, Viscount Devlin, a brilliant young nobleman shattered by his experience in the Napoleonic Wars.

Now a fugitive running for his life, Sebastian calls upon his skill as an agent during the war to catch the killer and prove his own innocence. In the process, he accumulates a band of unlikely allies, including the enigmatic beauty Kat Boleyn, who broke Sebastian's heart years ago. In Sebastian's world of intrigue and espionage, nothing is as it seems, yet the truth may hold the key to the future of the British monarchy, as well as to Sebastian's own salvation....



From Me:
4 Stars!
Could have been because I was in a series mystery mood, BUT this is a really GOOD series mystery.
The characters are really 'deep' as is the mystery, and hint of things to come...

A couple of weeks ago, I was going thru blogs and on The Quirky Bookworm's Blog, she  did a  blog post titled:
 Addicting Books: 8 Authors You Won't Be Able to Put Down 

She said that if I  (and yes, she was talking just to me!) hadn't read any of C.S. Harris's,  Sebastian St. Cyr books, that I had a lot of great reading to look forward to.

I do believe she is right!
I just loved it!

No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...