Sunday, October 18, 2015

Friday Friend Recipe #80 -- Breakfast at the Stone-McClintic's

 
 Friday Friend Recipe #80--Breakfast at the Stone-McClintic's
Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.
What is the Friday Friend cookbook: I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county). At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.
 
AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
 
I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said,  "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him!  Maybe I will.
 
Which brings me to this... recipe #80
 
Cherrie Lou Who's
Breakfast at the Stone-McClintic's
 
 
 
 
I am at #80!
Enjoyed some breakfast at the McClintic's!
Or Fried Potatoes with lots of stuff, as it's also called.
Or Hash.
No matter what you call it or how you make it, IT'S GOOD!


 
 
Cherrie's recipe is a little of this and a little of that.
Very good.
 
I used
sausage
potatoes
eggs
red pepper
onion
and I added a tortilla!
I might have put a little salsa in there.
 
Here is her official recipe right from the Friday Friend Cookbook.
 
 

And the last official photo!
Everybody makes a version of this, don't they?




Cherrie Lou Who is making  her 3rd appearance in the Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown! 
Altho, if you click on the link here--- and read back, you will see a recap of our cancer walk 4 years ago.  (we did the 3day/60mile Susan G. Komen walk. It was the most awesome thing ever!)
 
Cherrie Lou Who is the Handyman's youngest sister.  He calls her Cheryl Louisiana--because it used to make her cry.
That's about the only thing that did tho.  She wasn't taking any crap off of her older brothers!
 
In the fall of 2004,(I kept the notebooks, remember?)     I asked my FF Forum if they believed there could be life on other planets.
 
Cherrie Lou Who, who wanted to grow up to be a ghost  (she was a Casper lover when she was little), answered:
Yes.  Yes and Yes!  I think it would be a little arrogant  to think we are the only intelligent life.
 
I hope that one day  Cherrie gets her wish of being a ghost.
It's possible you know.
 
For now, tho she is satisfied by chasing seagulls off the beach!



Last month we met the Handyman's family at Ocean Shores, Washington for a small reunion.
Cherrie and her husband, Mike, own some property there, where they plan to build a house.
It's right on Duck Lake!  Not far from the beach.
 
This is it!



It's lovely!  I can't wait until I can go to her house on Duck Lake and maybe she'll make some of her
Breakfast at the Stone-McClintic's
for me.


And then---
they all got swallowed by a shark!
The Handyman looks so scared!
 
(pictured with his mom, Cherrie Lou Who and his sister LeAnne) 




From the inside out!
(it was a gift store--very fun)



And that my friends is recipe #80!
I am estimating that I'm 1/5 of the way thru.
Then what will I do?
 
 

No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...