Thursday, October 3, 2019

Friday Friend Recipes #234 and #235 Oriental Chicken Salad and Fabulous Coleslaw Dressing


My Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown #234 and #235
(#willreallyfinishthissomeday)

Oriental Chicken Salad and Fabulous Coleslaw Dressing

and you know all the whys and wherefores of this countdown, right? Homemade cookbook, friends contributed, I casually said that I should make everything in this cookbook,  Handyman said I couldn't/wouldn't do it, I'll show him, yadda yadda yadda....

...and the rest is cookbook history!


We'll begin with the Coleslaw Dressing


If you like coleslaw--this is a good dressing.  You can make it as sweet as you want it, or not.





And end with the Chicken Salad.
This is really good!
This could actually be a light supper--protein, veggies and some crunchy carbs all in one!  Just add some bread and you are good to go.





Oriental Chicken Salad
Barbara Brown

2 cups cooked chicken-diced
1 T. sesame seeds
2 T. slivered almonds
1/2 head cabbage, chopped
1 pkg. chicken Top Ramen (crunch dry noodles)
3 green onions, sliced
1 pkg. Ramen seasoning  (from noodle pkg.)
1 T. sugar
1/2 cup oil
3 T vinegar
1 T Accent
salt and pepper

Combine seasoning, sugar, oil, vinegar, Accent & salt/pepper.  Pour over combination of first 5 ingredients.  Toss and let sit overnight in fridge.  (also good with sunflower seeds added)







My friend Barb is going to be a Grandma!




First time Grandma, but   her 51st appearance in the Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown!
See all her recipes here (just click)




Barb and Doug and their kids Mike and Kim/Garrett get together in Tahoe every September

Anyway--Kim had posted on Instagram a photo of herself and her husband Garrett in the airport before heading to Tahoe and they looked so dang excited to be going.
Like---more excited than ever for a family vacation.
Little did we know... that something was up!


I was thinking to myself--GEEZ Kim looks excited and happy and healthy.  
And 2 days later I got the text from Barb.
She really is OVER THE MOON!
And everyone around here  is very excited for her!
Oh, and Doug too---he'll be a wonderful Grandpa.
And the occasion merited Barb's son Mike getting in the picture too.  As you know--Mike is extremely camera shy, so this is a BIG DEAL!




Barb is so excited that Kim is now just The mother of Barb's soon to be grandchild!





I don't ever need to say another word---Happiness all around the Friday Friend World!





That's my story!
My friends I bring to you recipe #234 and #235

Only 132 left to go!



No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...